• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    My dad told me he heard about a gun show this weekend on the radio. After much searching I found this:

Tri-State Gun Shows

Anyone know anything about this outfit? As I recall, it was Central Indiana Gunshows that used to do the one here at the Holt Rd. Armory before they moved it to Noblesville. Anyone plan on going? Their website is the only info I've been able to find that has this scheduled.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My boss will be setting up a booth there... Ammo Ally, stop by and tell them Indygunworks sent you.

its a small show, but still a decent way to spend a weekend afternoon.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    I've never been but seems like it might be worth the trip and $5 admission charge to look around. How big is it though? Are we talking 50 tables or a couple hundred?

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Tri-State Gun Shows

Anyone know anything about this outfit? As I recall, it was Central Indiana Gunshows that used to do the one here at the Holt Rd. Armory before they moved it to Noblesville. Anyone plan on going? Their website is the only info I've been able to find that has this scheduled.

So is the address on the website correct or is it someplace in Noblesville? Can anyone confirm?

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Just got back from this show. All in all, not too bad. The doors opened at 8 and I got there at 8:30. It's just in the main gym, and was a little smaller than the previous shows at the armory. It was nice to be able to walk the aisles without being pushed, bounced and shoved. The vendors were nice and easy to talk to. There wasn't much of the politcal crap, t-shirt sellers, etc. It was pretty much straight guns, ammo, knives, and parts. Prices were up and down but everything seemed to be negotiable. At one table I had stopped at, I was looking at a new Rock River AR marked at $1050. The seller said to make him an offer, everything was on sale. Just for grins I said $850 and he came back at $925. I didn't buy but the deal was there if I'd wanted it. I did pick up a nice CRKT fixed blade, a little 223 ammo, and another tactical flashlight.
    As I was leaving the crowd was starting to pick up but still not overcrowded like the 1500. No real drawbacks to this show and I plan on attending the next one they put on. Maybe INGO could get a table and move a little INGO swag at the next one?

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    I too just left there, nice little show. Found a nice delta gold cup and a nice kimber pro carry II for descent prices but didn't buy either... Wasn't crazy busy so that was a plus.

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    My dad and I got back about a hour ago. There was a good price on a DPMS flat top in 308 for $899 that I thought about. Instead I bought a new ss Rossi lever action in 44 mag. and my dad bought a new target model 10/22 at $800 for the pair.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    LOL, I was there untill 12:30.

Didnt buy anything, but it was better than sitting on the couch all day.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I think that was the first gun show I ever attended, probably back around 1986 or so? I remember it being in Indy at an Armory.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    The only thing that really stood out to me as a good price was a Mosin 91/30 Hex receiver for $89.99. Was in really good condition too, almost brought it home till I realized I have other guns higher in my to buy list :P. Was one guy there wanting $230 for 500 rounds of Brown bear :dunno: he was probably marked up the most at the place. I was there around 1:00 and there were people there, but not enough to call it crowded!

vandaliarndhse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    hendricks county
    i was there around 10:30. bought some 32 auto ammo cheap. i thought these had a better show than last guys. i don't really think gun shows will ever be as fun as they used to be. i remember when the armory had the main room a smaller room the halls and front entrance area were all jammed with sellers. you could buy 5 or 6 military rifles for less than 1 now. of course it was the last century. makes me feel old to say that.

Top Bottom