• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this and feel free to move if necessary. Anyway wanted to get any input on the "Central Indiana Gunshows". I haven't heard of them before. They are conducting a gun and knife show in Batesville on Mar 5th and 6th at the Romweber MarketPlace. I believe this may be the first time for a gunshow in the Batesville area. I most certainly will be checking them out. It's right in downtown Batesville in an old furniture factory. Hope it goes well and is a good show.
    rnddot.gif
    March 5 & 6
    Gun & Knife Show - Central Indiana Gunshows will be hosting a gun and knife show on Saturday, March 5, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday March 6 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The show will feature the best in firearms - pistols, rifles, shotguns, and more - as well as accessories, ammunition, knives, military collectibles, and much more. Admission is $5.00 per person.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    lot of time you can find a good deal on a used gun at a smaller guns show, were as the 1500 is mostly new or wanting new price on their items

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Heard another add for this on the radio this morning and thought I would bump this up. Here is the link to Romweber Marketplace where the show is going to be held:
    Romweber Marketplace - Batesville Indiana Flea Market - RomWeber Marketplace - Unique Flea Market - Batesville, Indiana
    The marketplace is in the old RomWeber Furniture factory and has a lot of unique specialty, craft, and antique shops that your significant other would probably enjoy as well. Don't be afraid of the drive from Indy, Batesville is less than an hour away from 465 right on I74. Even if you don't end up buying anything it's worth the drive to get the best fried chicken in the state!

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Link deleted. Didn't translate well from email.

In anycase, there is somekind of truck show from local dealer and a hog roast in conjunction with gun show. Wives would probably enjoy other shops.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Danny (Central Indiana Gun Shows) did not do the last couple of shows at the National Guard Armory in Indy (Stout Field). He did some there a long time ago.

Usually his shows are not bad, but it all depends on what you are looking for. I try to go to his shows if they are within a 60 mile radius. You never know what you will find, and regardless it is still nice looking at all those toys!!!

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Just wanted to report on the Batesville Show today. All in all I thought it was pretty good for a first time show in Batesville. The biscuits & gravy were outstanding plus they had FREE McDonalds coffee. Can't beat that.

Really good turnout in my opinion. I was there for about two hours nosing around. I thought prices were a bit on high side for most items but did see a few reasonable deals.

My personal favorite was an old mossberg 500 with heat shield and pistol grip. Bargain sale at $335.......couple tables down had a real nice stock 500 for $170....Do the math....

Lots and lots of knives! Too bad 99 % spoke Chinese.

One thing that stood out to me was the number of attendee's trying to sell personal guns. I know you see that at shows but just seemed to be a large number....Maybe a sign of the economy.

Saw good deals on 1911 .45's......not a single glock in house.

Looking forward to the next one this summer.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I saw Brad's table. He had some really nice stuff there. When I am in the market for a good knife i know where i am going.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I was kinda disappointed w/the selection of everything there. $5 seemed alittle high for the size of the show.
    Only saw 2 ARs, neither looked that great to me.
    Liked how one guy tried to sell me a non-functioning ACOG, telling me that I was looking at it wrong.

nsenneking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Ballstown
    thought i would bring this thread back since this show is back in batesville this weekend. i didnt make it to the last one but im excited to see how it goes.

Top Bottom