• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D the Bruce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    New Castle IN
    So its that time where tax returns turn into guns. I always head out in search of a new weapon. I know gun shows are good for those hard to find items, but my question is; with the scare and so forth is it worth it now to go? With all the price jumps and shortages it makes me a little cautious and frankly frustrated. Im all about making money but 100% markups what can we do? Whats your take on this issue?

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Depends on what you're buying, "assault" weapons are going to be sky high but I bought my XD9 at the last gun show for under only 399 brand new. There are deals to be had just have to keep your eyes open.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Kind of mixed. Got a decent price on a target and a below MSRP on an M&P.40 at the 1500. OH, and got my picture with a very sweet, charming and pretty young lady - Payton Patrone. Most stuff was over priced, but - depending on what you're looking for - maybe can find something. My suggestion is, if you have something to trade - take it.

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    If it is convenient, shop the gun show. You may be able to take advantage of a good deal. Prices are too high right now to go out of your way to frequent a gun show. If you are going to pay retail then buy from your LGS. We need to support our LGS at every opportunity.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I still go to any in the area. Always full of Eye candy. Still find a few things I can't live without for a fair price. Wouldn't go to buy an AR or AK (anywhere) right now. Sometime find some reloading supplies worth buying. Going to Tipton Sunday and probably Lafayette next week - neither are far from me. I would sure rather go to a GS than a Sports event or movie!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The last couple of months have been great for buying the good old weapons that people wanted to sell to buy semi-autos...NEVER skip a gun show if you have time.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Depends what you go there for. I skip them. Getting older and have learned over the years they do not change much. I do not like paying good money to go see some one trying to rip me off LOL.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    There are a lot more items at the shows than just the firearms and ammo that are sky high. Prices on many firearms and ammo have not gone up since the craziness started.

BTW, I haven't jacked up the prices on my knives!:D

t-trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agree with most on the high prices.

I have attended a few lately mostly to get the scuttlebutt on what is in peoples minds what with all that is going on here in NYS.

Most are against it but there still a number that say 'As long as it doesn't effect my guns(hunting-target shooting)I can put up with it'.

Sad!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I will be going to the next gun show here. I havent been shooting since october/november. I was planning on getting ammo etc at the gun show in late Dec but we all know how that turned out. This time around i will be looking at reloading stuff and ammo. Maybe do some priving on a bolt action 308

XDJohnnyc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    yeah i wouldn't waste my time with a show until the congress decides on what they want to do with our gun laws

Top Bottom