• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    The Herald Times paper in Bloomington is reporting that three schools in town are on lockdown today due to "suspicious activity" at a north side grocery store parking lot.

They refer to the suspicious activity as a "gun sighting" and go on to say that a bus driver travelling through the grocery store parking lot witnessed two people exchange a firearm.

Who did a FTF at the Marsh on Kinser Pike? You got everybody all worked up now.

Not saying the driver didn't possibly witness something illegal, but this should serve as a reminder to us to keep otherwise legal activities as discreet as possible while in public places.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The Herald Times paper in Bloomington is reporting that three schools in town are on lockdown today due to "suspicious activity" at a north side grocery store parking lot.

They refer to the suspicious activity as a "gun sighting" and go on to say that a bus driver travelling through the grocery store parking lot witnessed two people exchange a firearm.

Who did a FTF at the Marsh on Kinser Pike? You got everybody all worked up now.

Not saying the driver didn't possibly witness something illegal, but this should serve as a reminder to us to keep otherwise legal activities as discreet as possible while in public places.

:scratch:

:dunno:

Maybe they should get used to it and just not freak out when they see a big scary gun

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    My wife called me to let me know about this, since my oldest attends Arlington... the first thing I thought of was the "who did a FTF in the marsh parking lot?" :D I told my wife that it was probably a perfectly legal FTF transaction, but I guess in a way I am glad that the school corp is aware.

I do believe the reaction was a bit over-blown... maybe alert the local LEOs, and lock down Arlington as it's literally less than 100 yards from the parking lot, but two or three announcements, three schools locked down, come on really, it's just a gun, if it was even a gun that the bus driver saw...
    You know the more I think about it, they shouldn't have even locked down Arlington... it wasn't an "active threat" wasn't even a "confirmed sighting" just a bus driver thinking they saw something... no one would have batted an eye if it was a knife, axe, blender, etc. OK, maybe if it was an axe :) People really need to realize that guns are not evil, they are just a tool, nothing more, nothing less.

I want my children to be safe, but damn people let's not go off the deep end!

Last edited:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    MOTHER OF GOD!!! Someone may have witnessed citizens exercising their constitutionally guaranteed rights near a [STRIKE]school [/STRIKE]indoctrination center. Lock up the minions!

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Everyone knows that in light of the bad guy being eliminated by the grocery store manager and the subsequent resigning....that you SHOP at Marsh, but you FTF at Kroger's.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    FTF? Friend to Friend?

When my friends and I went out shooting, we met at a home depot to consolidate cars. We were moving guns across and were trying to be as discreet as possible to no draw attention to the carbines and shot guns and such going from one trunk to another.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!!! I went to Southport High School in the 60's. It was normal and accepted practice to take a long gun on the school bus!!!!! I did it at least 4 or more times. This Amerika sucks anymore....John

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Wow. I have not had the opportunity to do a FTF in a public area, but this makes me wonder if this could happen to anyone/anytime.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    If you see something, say something; if you think you saw something say something, paranoia of legal everyday activities is required to keep the sheep running scared.

INGO OC grocery shopping day need to be planned?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Isn't it ironic that our schools are run by some of the dumbest people around? It really is true that if you cannot do something, then you teach it instead.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We were thinking about going to Scotty's in B town this weekend, can somebody give me some pointers on how to do this discreetly. I wouldn't want them to lock down the town just in case somebody sees us going in the restaurant.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    We were thinking about going to Scotty's in B town this weekend, can somebody give me some pointers on how to do this discreetly. I wouldn't want them to lock down the town just in case somebody sees us going in the restaurant.

concealment. you know, wear a long black trench coat and a ski mask. maybe drive a large black suv with dark tinted windows and drive around the block about 50 times before parking to make sure everything is ok.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality

Heck, I plan on doing the Starbucks thing out by Lowes on Tuesday. I am glad there are no schools close to there.

Top Bottom