Gun Slingers gun shows have lost a customer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven't been asked about ammo on my person in close to 10 years. You used to see a big jug of confiscated ammo at the front desk at some shows. I thought the practice had died out. It may have just been the PoPo they had at the desk. Some of them tend to have thier own rules.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think I know that door guard. I attended the last Gunslinger show in the Fort and was told to leave my full mag at the door. When I returned for it prior to leaving, the guard had given it to another man entering the show. The guys in charged gathered quickly, took aggressive action and recovered my mag from the lying, dastardly gentleman who tried to steal it. As I was leaving I saw the head honcho begin to discuss the event with the guard. Key question was why the guard gave the loaded mag to a guy entering the show when I was forced to leave it there so I could enter. Their rule was no ammo in the pockets, so at least they are consistent on that point.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Doubt I will attend many more shows by Gun Slinger due to the door attendant. My son & attended the show at Lafayette Sunday 12-16-12. I locked my gun in the car, son carried his 357 into the show, unloaded with the ammo in his pocket. Son showed handgun to attendant (revolver with open chamber fully unloaded). Attendent then asked if son had cartridges with him, son replied they are in my pocket. Attendant said my son couldn't carry the cartridges into the show. (in my opinion attendant was an IDIOT), Son said "why not", I can walk in and buy a box at any vendor and load if that was my intention. Attendant made him put rounds in car - probably last time I give Gun Slinger the opportunity to take any of my money.

At that point why did you even enter? Plenty of LGS's that could use the business.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I posted this on another thread...

The guy at the door told me that just want to make it safe for everyone...I asked him if they sold ammo inside and he said yes...I then asked if I could buy magazines for my .45 inside and he said yes...so I told him, " I guess I won't be de-fanged for long. In about 90 seconds after going inside I'll be armed again"

The guy realized how stupid the idea was of locking ammo in the car but then jus repeated "we're just trying to make it safe for everyone". IDIOT!

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    Im not going to PAY to buy something In EVV it's 6 bucks to get in the door

if thay charge to get in then Thay need give you a coupon for that same amount to use in the gun show

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I posted this on another thread...

The guy at the door told me that just want to make it safe for everyone...I asked him if they sold ammo inside and he said yes...I then asked if I could buy magazines for my .45 inside and he said yes...so I told him, " I guess I won't be de-fanged for long. In about 90 seconds after going inside I'll be armed again"

The guy realized how stupid the idea was of locking ammo in the car but then jus repeated "we're just trying to make it safe for everyone". IDIOT!
    Their plan is working. Its not for safety, it's to get people to spend more money. :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Im not going to PAY to buy something In EVV it's 6 bucks to get in the door

if thay charge to get in then Thay need give you a coupon for that same amount to use in the gun show
    That money goes to the promoter. Why should the vendors (who also had to pay table rent to sell there) take a hit by having to honor that coupon? It's not like the gun show venue just allows people to use their facilities for free. :dunno:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The main reason promoters require unloaded firearms is because of the insurance requirements placed on them by their insurance company. It is very difficult to even get liability insurance for gun shows and it is very expensive. I have talked with a lot of promoters and they tell me most insurance companies won't even touch liability insurance for gun shows. Obviously the second reason for unloaded firearms is the safety factor for those who attend and the vendors.

I can understand the zip ties being used on firearms to insure that the gun is unloaded, this would remove the possibility of an AD or ND inside the show, but requiring that a person does not have ammo on them when entering a show does not make sense to me because if someone is hell bent in causing a problem at a show this will not stop them. It won't be an AD or ND, it will be an intentional act to cause violence.:twocents:

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but requiring that a person does not have ammo on them when entering a show does not make sense to me because if someone is hell bent in causing a problem at a show this will not stop them. It won't be an AD or ND

My fear is the inverse.

I fear an AD or ND cause by loading or unloading upon entrance or exiting the show.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    My fear is the inverse.

I fear an AD or ND cause by loading or unloading upon entrance or exiting the show.

I agree, I have heard few take place outside in the parking lot over the years.
    I'm not sure if the promoter is responsible (liability wise) for things that happen outside of the actual building the show is in.:dunno:

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Accidents happen. I picked up a pistol at a vendors table that had a magazine fully loaded. Not sure how all vendors guns get checked, if at all but, there appears to be room for improvement. This is the type of situation were there are accidental discharges. Sure the guy got red faced and immediately unloaded the magazine when I handed it to him. Somehow, unknown to him and me, that loaded magazine was missed. That is a good reason to have magazines removed from display guns at gun shows.

mora-kni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's private property and we all have to follow the hosts rules. I was at a show a few weeks ago and a private, non-show seller was pushing around a baby stroller full of wheel guns and loose ammo for sale. That was a first for me, and I do 45 shows a year.

Top Bottom