• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    New to this site, and I will have to say that this is one of the longest threads I have seen. What a great level of participation, and right here at home.

Re gun snob, well as long as it is quality, I see nothing wrong with cheap, er, inexpensive.

Indy

Nothing wrong with that---------I don't pay retail for anything. Unless it's a dire emergency----powder/primers/shells--etc:D

triton54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    NE
    Gun snobs are just closed minded people with to much money. Not everyone can afford a Shelby GT 500KR some people have to drive the 1993 4cyl mustang and pretend its a Shelby. Same things with guns people have to have a base model to start from. Hi-point is a very nice 4cyl to start with and pretend its a 1911 commander. Have a good turkey day

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Gun snobs are just closed minded people with to much money.

Not necessarily, IMO. I've seen cases where Hi-Point owners look down there noses at those who pay a premium price for their 'high end' guns. They call it a waste, and tell them they are foolish for paying that amount.

A snob is simply anyone that bashes someone else's personal character solely based on the items they choose to purchase.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Some snobbery is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think guns are all that different from other hobbies. When you first get into it, it's easy to perceive others as snobs until you've shot enough guns and gained experience. Then perhaps your baseline creeps up and you understand other people's perspective.

I used to like any kind of ice cream; it didn't matter, as long as it had sugar and was frozen. Then I started buying the good stuff and making my own. I can't go back to the cheap stuff now. But I won't look down on you for serving it.

rocky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    I guess I am a gun snob. A gun to me is a tool but is also a reflection of yourself. When I go to the range guys walk up I get compliments on my firearms and the condition of them. I have a couple of guns that I use when I hunt in the rain and stuff but these guns are by no means junk, they are just not my top shelf. I will not own a gun in my collection if it will not shoot sub moa at 100 yards and the gun has to be in mint condition. Guns show a lot about the person. Some collect hand guns, rifles, ar's, etc. I am a rifle guy. The bottom line is people can buy what they want, I dont look down on people that have cheap guns maybe that is all they can afford. As long as we are shooting and having fun.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i look at firearms for their quality and what i can afford. i for one will not buy a "cheap" gun cause i have done that once before and i was lucky that i didnt get hurt due to the guns poor material quality which resulted in a failure in the first mag. then i also wont buy an "expensive" gun because their quality is comparable to there lesser (not cheap) value counterpart. i dont know if this qualifies me as a gun snob but if it does then i suppose i am.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    :laugh: that guy is carryin a Mossberg and he has a high Point in his pocket :nuts::laugh::laugh::runaway:what a loser:):, JUST KIDDIN guys, hey shoot and carry what u like and can afford, I do!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Castleton, Indianapolis
    Honestly, I don't view myself as a gun snob. I have only two firearms, and still am very new to gun ownership. That being said, I don't like high points. They just don't feel right in my hand. Now I wouldn't look down on someone who did like these guns, but personally I wouldn't use them. Probably for the same reason I wouldn't buy harbor freight tools for a job I needed done without complication. Too much has gone wrong when I cut corners on price.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Here you go. I hear it has good range out to 50 feet.

supersoaker50.jpg

I wonder if Dura coat would stick to that so it would be more tactical?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I just noticed it doesn't have a bayonet lug. It may not be tactical enough for me.

Does any one have one of these? What would be the pattern on this across a standard living room? What ammo would you recomend so that this would cover all of my needs from 20 feet to 100 yards and flying gnats to black bear?

I hope it doesn't cost over $5.oo.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Sure, I'm a gun snob.

I don't like South American guns because I haven't seen one that was any better than a gun made in the USA. And for my money, I'd rather pay for a good gun made in USA than a questionable gun made in South America.

Also, I don't fawn over guns whose most common praise is "it goes bang every time." Guess what? They all go bang every time. There really have been very good guns designed and made outside of Austria.

Top Bottom