• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Ok so to sum it up, I was going to make a gun trade tonight with someone here on INGO, and when I went to go box up the said gun, I can't find it anywhere??:dunno:

I am pretty confident the gun was stolen, because a few friends of mine came to my house last night to play xbox live, and they brought over some people who I have only met a few times in the past. The last time I saw my gun was earlier in the day before they showed up, I had lubed it and put it up in the top of my closet in its holster. I really do think one of them took it because I did leave the room a couple of times to get some pop's along with making a bathroom trip. To be honest I am kinda freaking out here.:xmad:

Also I forgot to mention the gun's box, extra mag, and cleaning brush are still here. It's the pistol and it's holster that are missing.

But I do wanna know what is the first steps I should be taking about this? Calling the police? I know that probably sounds like a stupid question.. but in the past 5 years of owning guns I have never had this happen before...:(

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Check to make sure you didn't misplace it. Look everywhere!!

Call Cops!!

In that order.

Contact a mod and post all information in the stolen gun sticky.

I assume you have the serial number??

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah I have the gun's serial number written down in a notebook, where I write down all the numbers to guns I buy, trade, ect. I also have the serial number on the box itself that the gun came in. The gun was a Glock 26 with adjustable sights.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Start kicking some so called friends ......butts till one of them spilled the beans. One of them knows.

You still need to report it stolen, but do not expect any results.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah I don't think it was one of my friends.. I have known them for over 3 years and nothing like this has happened before and they know I have guns ect.

I really think it was one of the two idiots they brought with them.. but needless to say I sent one of them a text message asking if they know what happened, and then I will be contacting my uncle who is a cop here and see where I should go from there.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Call the police just to cover your own a$$. Then inform your "friends" that they are not welcome at your home until you find out who the thief is and get your gun back.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Don't text them. Call them or drive over their house and speaks with them face-to-face.

Don't confront them directly because one of them is armed with a Glock 26.

Seriously, though, the above advice is good. Do not confront those acquantnces of your friends in person, especially at their place of residence. If things go bad it'll look like you went over there for a fight.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Talk to your "friends" who you might actually trust in this scheme. Find out the names, age, whereabouts and any info you can on the suspected thief or thieves. get all this info together and call the local police in your area for a patrol officer to come and take the report. Either he will take it then or a detective will get it.
    If it has been more than a few days the gun has likely changed hands. They usually end up in a crack house in Indianapolis, traded or pawned for dope.

Good luck, make sure you have all your info ready for the patrol officer. We like having everything in hand to get it entered into the system as stolen and start checking pawn records

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Talk to your "friends" who you might actually trust in this scheme. Find out the names, age, whereabouts and any info you can on the suspected thief or thieves. get all this info together and call the local police in your area for a patrol officer to come and take the report. Either he will take it then or a detective will get it.
    If it has been more than a few days the gun has likely changed hands. They usually end up in a crack house in Indianapolis, traded or pawned for dope.

Good luck, make sure you have all your info ready for the patrol officer. We like having everything in hand to get it entered into the system as stolen and start checking pawn records

With all due respect, less than 1% of all stolen items will end up in a pawn shop. In Indiana, all pawn shops are licenced and have to follow Indiana laws for operating such a business. A pawn broker is required to take a valid Indiana drivers licence or ID. Paper work is then filled out by the pawn broker with all of the info from the ID and a description of the item being pawned or sold, including model numbers and serial numbers of the item, then the seller has to sign it and give a right thumb print. Most thieves know this and will not take stolen items to a pawn shop. This has been my experience after managing a pawn shop for 10 years...and yes there will always be a few that try a pawn shop but the occurrence was less than 2 to 3 times a year with over 5000 transactions a year. My experience tells me that most stolen items end up at flea markets first , then drug houses second.:twocents:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I would think that if these people were found and taken into custody for interogation that possibly one of them may slip up or crack. Maybe.
    Whether you get the gun back or not is another story. It may be long gone.
    A lesson learned here no doubt. Sorry it happened.

immortallyinsane

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Columbus
    I had this happen about 12 years ago. I reported it and about 5 days later I found it under my car seat. Apparently when I had placed it there one time it went up into the springs of the seat. I had searched the vehicle over and over and never saw it.

Top Bottom