• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I agree- stated that way, that's a pretty bad attitude.

Now I'll name a store. The last 2 guns I bought, I bought from Blythes Valpo. I looked at them on a Saturday, had them write down what they could sell them for, thought about it, and bought them Monday. The guy I had spoken with wasn't there, but I handed the man I talked to the slip the previous gentlemen had written up and, no muss, no fuss, that's the price I got. That seems like it's the way it should be.

....but some people really seem to like to abuse the "seller's market" to the point where what used to be common courtesy is all too uncommon.

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was looking for an sks, because I didn't want to shell out the extra dough for the ak, but after holding them both and feeling it out, I've decided I want the ak

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Oh man, I live in Fort Wayne. I did some research awhile back on LGS in our town and there is one that all posts (not on INGO) listed as the owner having a sour disposition. They all said if you know what you want and come into buy great but don't go to browse and if you ask the owner about a gun he does not like he will give you an ear full. I have not gone to that shop yet. I think I have been to all of the rest. Send me a private msg so I can stay way from the one you had a bad time with. I will not out the store as I feel the same about dissing a place to the world.

tmanbuddyy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    If the gun store is in FW. I wouldn't buy a gun in that town no good prices their any way. Pre panic prices in that town have always been high for some reason I'm sure its worse now.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I was looking for an sks, because I didn't want to shell out the extra dough for the ak, but after holding them both and feeling it out, I've decided I want the ak

I would have just gone back in and paid the extra $50. Afterall, this IS a market with pricing motivated by panic.. Hell, next Monday it might have been an additional $100

1. Out the shop

2. Go buy the gun elsewhere. Tell them how you were treated. Take the new gun BACK to the first shop and look for a case, or something. Make DAMN sure you point out what a sweet deal you got on the gun. Kick the CRAP out of the tires, and remind him of the additional $50 charge as you tell him you don't want anything, thanks for the time (again) and walk out :D

(I did something similar. Had a bad experience with a shop over $25. I bought the gun from another shop (for less money) and went back looking for a holster. After making the dude that mis-treated me show me every holster I could think of for about a half hour, I showed him my new piece, reminded him of the $25 headache and thanked him for his time as I walked out empty handed :D )

Georgia A Hines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I can understand the pro's and the con's of naming a store, I am going to lay down a true story not more than a week old.
    I stopped in to a gunshop on Hwy 7 in Columbus Ind. My first time there. Have been looking for a CZ 75 BD Police 9mm for quite a while now. (Have had some bad experiences with more than this shop) Asked the lady if she had one and no but she would be ordering one, Asked how much out the door. She said around 519.00 and that she would call me when in. Left my name and number and she said which days they would get the shipment from there. I called on that day, could not wait for her to call me. Was a little excited. She said Yes it was in and and it would be 599, plus tax.
    I said that is not what we discussed and she said "Well I don't have time to talk to you, I have other customers. I said Thats OK , I am not interrested, I will not enter that store again.
    My husband asked my nephew to go try to buy the gun. He called and she offered it to him for 525. plus tax. He called and I will never buy anything from them. I said NO WAY.
    I am a person of my word and I expect no less from others!
    Now I could name the shop but those that shop around Columbus may have never had a problem, now they have second opinions about me and the only thing I was doing was venting.
    I am my mothers (96^yrs old) caretaker and I do not get to get out and shop away from home so my near shops are limited and more so now

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Whatever you do, DO NOT OUT THE SHOP!

If it's a popular shop, all the fanboys of it will berate the hell outta you, and try to make it all YOUR fault. Stick to your guns, and stop giving people clues. They can suffer.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Fiasco?

Wow, the threshold for a problem to become a fiasco is so much lower than I thought.

Am I the only one who expected a gunshop fiasco to be something more than some attitude from the counter guy?

Top Bottom