• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madgenius85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    terre haute
    Ok guys i need your help. My dad is going to be in indy. I keep hearing places there have powder for pistols. Since i have no idea which ones or where they are located, i was wanting that information . Please and thank you.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Look up profire arms and supply. they are an advertiser on here. There is no need to go anywhere else as they specialize in reloading and components. they would not be far form a trip in from terre haute either.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Make sure you cal Profire before you drive all the wat there. Seems like the get shipments multiple times a week from suppliers. If you call ahead and they have what you are looking for they will be nice enough to put it on hold for you.

Profires # 317-757-8132

Piperbret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Indianapolis - South
    Hello, I am a member but have not posted since I first joined. After seeing this post, I thought I could add something of value to the thread. A week ago, I too went to Profire for pistol powder (Accurate#2 to be specific). The place had very little supply but I was told to check back from time to time. However, they said due to the current backlog of all powders, they Would Not put your name on a list! So, it is best to call first.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Did some checking

Indy gun club is often a good choice, but nowadays, it's hit and miss at best. Maybe a bunch of guys could go co-op, splitting the hazmat shipping? Well, I just took a quick look on-line to see about that potential. Not good, to say the least. I've always gotten lucky, locally. Never considered internet purchase because of shipping costs, so haven't looked there in a while. WOW! There just doesn't seem to be anything available unless you're loading for something exotic/large. This is gettin' nuts.

Last edited:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Atterbury has a good selection of powders...but nothing for pistol when I was there on Thursday. :( I was ready to buy some Large Pistol Primers too but 1) They didn't have any and 2) it appeared they were quite a bit more expensive than I could pick them up at the 1500 for.

I plan on heading back to the 1500 at the end of May and picking up more components if I can.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Well, you just saved me a trip to Atterbury, and you apparently have the same game plan I came up with. 1500 show next month. Once again, it's getting crazy. I don't do it, but I'm starting to understand the "hoarding" mindset. Funny, but it was my 17 year old daughter who told me last year to start stocking up on loading supplies. I guess I should start asking her for advice on investments in my 401K.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    The outdoorsman in Greenwood has powder, albeit $30/pound. It's an option if your in a pinch and can't find what your after. I buy most of my powder at Indiana Gun club or Atterbury. I have bought some at Profire, but not that much. They just have the inventory or selection that these other places have :( I like doing business with them and prefer to buy from Profire, but you gotta get it where you can. Hopefully that will change!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In the past 2 weeks I went to Atterbury, Profire, Bradis II, Plainfield Shooting, The Outdoorsman, and Indy Gun Club. Atterbury had lots of rifle powder and a few pounds of H110 & Winchester 296. I picked up 4 pounds of Winchester 296 from Atterbury. I call Profire daily to check on pistol powder and was lucky enough to pick up 3 pounds of Longshot. I picked up 8 pounds of IMR 700-X from Indy Gun Club for me and another INGO member last week. Plainfield Shooting Supplies has all the rifle powder you could want but no pistol powder. All the other stores didn't have any powder at all.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Does the Outdoorsman have pistol powder or just powder in general? Atterbury has quite a selection of Powder...its just all rifle.

I would call them and check. I reload alot of shotgun (which crosses over with several pistol powders) and it has been a ***** getting these powders over the past month.

Top Bottom