• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Beware of the McCordsville PD. I was stopped for speeding on the way back from my son's doctor appointment and the nice guy I am informed the officer I was carrying (will never do that again). He asked where the firearm was, I told him on my right side. He walked around the car, opened the passenger door reached across my son's lap, removed my firearm, sweep my 15 yr old son, unloaded the gun on the floor of the car by my son's feet. When asked what he was doing, he stated it was department policy and for officer safety to dis-arm and check to see of the firearm was stolen. Once he checked he returned the firearm to my and said I could re-arm anytime. Then he thanked me for letting him know after giviing me a ticket. I re-armed and took my son to school...

No wonder few people trust the LEO's, they have no clue as to the law they are supposedly paid to enforce.

Will be sending an email to Guy to get his take on the matter....:facepalm:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I know a couple McCordsville LEOs and they're definitely Pro 2A and gun people. How they perform their duties on a stop I have NO idea but as everyday Joes they're OK.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Your lucky that the king' s guard even returned your arms to you. Peasants shouldn't have arms. It makes them so much harder to control.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I agree most knowledgeable one. I sent a PM to the great and powerful Guy. Lets see what the Master has to say...

If nothing else the department needs to be informed they are WRONG...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So, their lame "officer safety" excuse includes an "extreme danger" clause when children are around? Smart.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Not to mention the illegal seizure of my firearm (at no time did i give him permission to enter my car and take my weapon)also with the excuse to check if it was stolen. Now, I understand that criminals have stolen guns, but, commone sense would tell you that a person with an LTCH 99.9999% of the time is not carrying a stolen weapon. This is not rocket science....

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I don't get this so-called policy. Had the gun actually been stolen, any lawyer would be able to get that evidence suppressed due to an illegal search. There is no probable cause here for the firearm or anything else being stolen.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    File a formal complaint with the department, not that that it'll result in anything substantial. At least you have the cops name on the ticket, so he'll be easy to ID.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I don't get this so-called policy. Had the gun actually been stolen, any lawyer would be able to get that evidence suppressed due to an illegal search. There is no probable cause here for the firearm or anything else being stolen.

Absolutly no proable cause to illeaglly seize my weapon... Clearly a 4th Amendment violation.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Did you happen to get this recorded?

Did not get recorded, fingers would not work fast enough plus he told me to keep hands on the door while he took my weapon. But, I do have a live witness. Plus if there is a dash cam on the PD car that should show him going around the car and opening the passenger car door and reaching in.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So, their lame "officer safety" excuse includes an "extreme danger" clause when children are around? Smart.

This! I would contact the chief and politely express your dissatisfaction with an officer removing a safely holstered gun and pointing it at a minor. I would then offer to pay to send their officer to a hunters ed or NRA basic class.

Top Bottom