• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    While in Indiana i have my EDC loaded with 9mm +p ammo and a .22 pocket pistol because with the size of creatures in Indiana you wont really need much bigger.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    An adj. sighted,4 in..38 revolver-a couple snake shot loads,with the rest being something accurate enough in your gun for small game or plinking [if that's an option where you're going]. If you're only concerned w/snakes and bad guys, a snubbie will work, lighter, but not as versatile or fun!

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    I think any man stopper would work for hiking. The more important thing to me is a comfortable rig to carry the firearm. I carry a 6.5" gp100 in .357 in a vertical shoulder rig. You would be surprised how tired one of your hips will get after wondering around with a hunk of steel hanging off of it.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Most usually, it's my 44-40:

100_4350.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Are the brown bears *more* vicious here than they are in the Appalachians?

I'm just wondering. The brown bear usually avoids humans unless it feels it's threatened.. Or are there other bears present in the state that I don't know about?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    My bad. I meant the black bear. I'm still confused -- what (other than snakes which I assume are more or less the same as those found in my home state) are the dangerous animals in Indiana that you'd need to defend against?

I'm not trying to be smart here. I'm just curious. I've seen one wild black bear. Someone was leaving food outside of a hunting cabin during the summer. Assuming the DCNR rangers didn't catch them trying to bait the animal, I assume someone snagged it during bear season. (And there was one person at that party who had an extreme phobia of bears. That provided most of the weekend's entertainment.)

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    My bad. I meant the black bear. I'm still confused -- what (other than snakes which I assume are more or less the same as those found in my home state) are the dangerous animals in Indiana that you'd need to defend against?

I'm not trying to be smart here. I'm just curious. I've seen one wild black bear. Someone was leaving food outside of a hunting cabin during the summer. Assuming the DCNR rangers didn't catch them trying to bait the animal, I assume someone snagged it during bear season. (And there was one person at that party who had an extreme phobia of bears. That provided most of the weekend's entertainment.)

Large Biting Dogs is on the top of the list.....

Top Bottom