• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For those of you concerned about he privacy part of storing your gun info on the web. Would it make you more comfortable or apt to use such a service if the data was encrypted at rest and required a log on to access your info?

I'm not a cryptoanalyst (but I play one occasionally), so I'd be taking someone's word that they're keeping my data safe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I work in the field of information security and would certainly have concerns over cloud based storage of my firearms data. It can be done securely and my company does so but there are a lot of companies that don’t do what’s needed to secure their data. It’s amazing how many companies or government agencies expose data because they rushed to the cloud faster than they could learn to secure the data.

The cloud is not necessarily bad but it opens a whole world of data up to those that you don’t want to have it. You really want to make sure that the vendor is doing their due diligence and taking due care in protecting the data they are storing for you.

Top Bottom