• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I always thought that in the natural scheme of gun ownership there is a natural progression of how it works.
    First you get a .22 rifle....then a shotgun....then a .22 pistol then the sky is the limit. :dunno:

That's the old fashion way.

Now you watch a movie, buy a Glock, install sights on the side of the gun, read a magazine and start giving advice on the internet to the Fudd's, buy an SKS and whine about the hunting regulations. Finally order a couple boxes of amo over the internet.

cclark2009

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Camby, IN
    Pretty much went the natural route: Marlin .22 rifle, Ithica 12 ga single shot, (long break here...) then Ruger 9mm, Oly .223 AR

Wish list is 10 miles long though! :ar15:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I went .22 lr, then centerfire rifle, then pistol. Had to buy my first shotgun. Dad did not want us to learn the bad habits that come from shotguns.

My nephews all got .22lr rifles first (got to love that CZ 452 Scout).

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Lets see, My Gpa gave me a Stevens pump action .22 and a .32 rimfire Winchester 1885 as my first two guns. Then, I went a couple years without buying anything until I (or actually my dad as I was only 16 at the time) purchased my first rifle, a Mosin Nagant M91/30 with a hex receiver from J&G Sales two years ago. Shortly thereafter, I bought a K98 in a gunboards.com group buy. Then came (in order) a No.4 Mk1, an M44, a 91/30 Ex PU, 2x H&R .38 S&W revolvers, an M1 Garand, an M1 Carbine, a Saiga x39, and as of yesterday a CETME from Henderson defense. I have yet to add a shotgun to my collection so I guess I sort of deviate from the tradition.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I started out with bb guns, then when my grandpa passed on I inherited his 2 22's, his 22 hornet, and 20 ga bolt. After that I progressed to my M44, and have bought alot more since then, and sadly sold a few :(

Top Bottom