• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    In addition to all of the movie blunders (not a gamer, so no issues there), my most current pet peeve comes from 'Swamp People'. Though I love the show, it kills me when they over dub the .22 rifle shots with high powered gun shot sounds.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I have never understood when oxygen became an explosive. I remember one of those doctor shows, where some nut planted a bomb in the hospital, bomb squad shows up and informs everybody that the bomb is attached to the main oxygen line. If she blows, the whole building will evaporate, hmm.

cintile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    I hate how Jack Bower can shoot something with a pistol from 20 miles away, and then half the time what he shoots explodes as if he just used a rocket launcher.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Not gun related, but why does every car crash end up exploding? Seriously, like every time a car hits anything, it blows up. If real life was like that, fender benders would end up killing dozens of people. Is everything in movies just chemically unstable?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is everything in movies just chemically unstable?
    Heath Ledger
    1068_HeathLedgerLying2.jpg

River Phoenix
    river-phoenix.jpg

Jim Belushi
    john-belushi.jpg

Chris Farley
    chris-farley.jpg

Andy Kaufman
    andy-kaufman.jpg

Elvis Presley
    elvis-presley-700-525-ap.jpg

Macaulay Culkin
    Macaulay-Culkin_1559426a.jpg

Matthew Perry
    003FRN_Matthew_Perry_010.jpg

Robert Downey, Jr.
    robert-downey-jr-2.jpg

Lindsey Lohan
    wenn2600146.jpg

Amanda Bynes
    Amanda-Bynes-2013-jewelry.jpg

Miley Cyrus
    11icvic____jpg_220x320_q85.jpg

Yeah, I'd say everything in Hollywood is chemicly unstable.

Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    Last season Rick told Carl to roll down the window before firing a gun inside of a car. At least Ricks TV character learns from his mistakes.

Firing guns from inside a small space or car, yeah... they really don't represent the concussive force of that very well.

Walking Dead actually got this one right... When Rick was in the tank in an early episode and fired it, he practically knocked himself out from the shot

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This had to be mentioned, but worth repeating - the incessant racking of slides!

Also, none of these slides ever lock back after the last round.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This had to be mentioned, but worth repeating - the incessant racking of slides!

Also, none of these slides ever lock back after the last round.

A funny thing about that.

I watched the DVD of "Lost" and they had a special feature entightled, "The right to keep and bear arms, the guns of Lost". In it the actors talked about "IC's" or "Inappropriate Cocks" and on that show it became an inside joke among the actors to "rack the slide or bolt back" at moments during filming that would be inappropriate...When you watch the show you will see scenes where someone is spilling out their guts about some tender moment in their life and all of a sudden you will hear the sound of a bolt or slide being racked back by one of the others on set...They also said that to a T none of them wanted the FN FAL due to the weight of the gun...I know the one guy said as he was getting his script for the day he would be chanting in his head, "Glock, Glock, Glock, Oh please let it be the Glock today"and then all of a sudden he would see the Gun Wrangler coming up to him with the FN FAL and he would get PO'ed...They showed one scene where the scene called on one of the actors to toss him the FN FAL and when he caught it he kind of shoots a dirty look at the other actor who tossed him the weapon and you can see it in the seen...

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    The repeated "click click click" when someone with a pistol runs out of ammo.
    The fake gunfire that sounds like firecrackers in a garbage can. (first Batman movie)

Faiden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Pointing any gun causes a "chik" sound. A particularly bad one I saw recently was when the camera followed a round that had been fired from a rifle... well, apparently the round gets expelled out the barrel, casing and all. Who knew.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I'm fairly certain it is this movie: Chains (1989) - IMDb . I know the movie was called Chains. My friends in I would rent it on VHS in high school over and over because it was so bad. There was a scene where the huge gang had cornered two couples out for a date who happened to find themselves in the wrong neighborhood in Chicago I believe, and then they become involved with a gang member who is being chased by the huge rival gang. Well they end up in some abandoned building and a sniper from outside behind cover shoots one of the boyfriends through the window, and suddenly the gang member that has teamed up with them jumps up to the window and just shoots without aiming or having any possible ability to know where the sniper is, and shoots the sniper right in the head with s snub nosed revolver, and then yells, "A**shole!." It was hilarious. We would watch that scene over an over again.

dcr465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    TV show Person of Interest. 5 people in car. Passenger in back seat phone rings. At same time front seat passenger emptys a pump shotgun out the window at bad guys. The back seat passenger then hands phone to shotgunner and he proceeds to talk on it as the car merrily speeds away. LMAO!!!! I'm pretty sure 6 12ga blast in car would be really close to setting off a Flash-Bang grenade in there (probably a lite on the flash). Anyway, why weren't all the occupants squirting blood out their ears!!!

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    My wife listening to some horrible song by Nikki minja? Some sort of clown rap lady on MTV all the time. One song she talks about a glock, then the song pauses and you heat a hammer cock back.

Drives me nuts.

Top Bottom