• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Shoot, most INGOers won't go there in broad daylight.

I’ve lived on Mitthoeffer between 38th & 42nd for 8 years now and other than a break in the first year, I’ve never had any problems.
    Hell, people over at 38th & Post come to my neighborhood to get away from the crime. Luckily I live next to the local weed dealer who watches my place day & night and keeps the peace, he won’t even let people take my favorite parking spot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's an asinine and ignorant comment that doesn't help anything. Things were so much different under the previous administration, right? Oh, wait...

The problem is people who say "we know who did this" (on TV, no less) but won't help the police catch them and won't testify so that the charges will stick.

Ease up Hot Rod. This is just on the line. Keep it civil or stand down.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve lived on Mitthoeffer between 38th & 42nd for 8 years now and other than a break in the first year, I’ve never had any problems.
    Hell, people over at 38th & Post come to my neighborhood to get away from the crime. Luckily I live next to the local weed dealer who watches my place day & night and keeps the peace, he won’t even let people take my favorite parking spot.

Use whats available. Get along with the neighbors.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Use whats available. Get along with the neighbors.

For me it’s more like, don’t be afraid of your surroundings. Growing up in Hamilton Co. and then moving to the Eastside of Indy was a shock at first but I realized that people are the same wherever you go,some bad some good. I don’t f**k with them and they tend not to f**k with me. I try to be respectful to those around me but won’t put up with any **** and carry myself as such and it seems to go a long way. Act like a chump and be a chump or act like a man and be treated like a man seems to work in my hood.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    For me it’s more like, don’t be afraid of your surroundings. Growing up in Hamilton Co. and then moving to the Eastside of Indy was a shock at first but I realized that people are the same wherever you go,some bad some good. I don’t f**k with them and they tend not to f**k with me. I try to be respectful to those around me but won’t put up with any **** and carry myself as such and it seems to go a long way. Act like a chump and be a chump or act like a man and be treated like a man seems to work in my hood.

I agree that you can do those things but it is foolish to put yourself in a situation where the odds go up if you don't have to. Sure you 'can', but 'why'? Where is the logic?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I will state up-front that I have absolutely zero information to back this up, it is purely speculation based upon the levels of violence that seem out of proportion to the size of the city. The things that make Indy attractive as a distribution center to large businesses like Amazon and Fed Ex would apply to the drug trade as well. That would help explain why a culture of using extreme efforts to keep people from talking has developed. I'm sure it all has other roots as well, but it makes sense that Indy would be a major distribution center for the drug gangs.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I will state up-front that I have absolutely zero information to back this up, it is purely speculation based upon the levels of violence that seem out of proportion to the size of the city. The things that make Indy attractive as a distribution center to large businesses like Amazon and Fed Ex would apply to the drug trade as well. That would help explain why a culture of using extreme efforts to keep people from talking has developed. I'm sure it all has other roots as well, but it makes sense that Indy would be a major distribution center for the drug gangs.
    Good point. That would also explain the violent competition too

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Wow. That's genius. Makes perfect sense.

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    So long as due process and appeals processes are still in place, I'd be fine with that. I haven't looked much into death penalty issues, but I am aware that there are many different points of view on each of them.

It's my understanding that the appeals process is what actually makes the death penalty so much more expensive than life sentencing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TgQRgT15f9U

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I use to live on 42nd St. halfway between Post and Franklin. Several years ago AT&T was updating all their cable in the area and I was waiting on mine to get done seems like forever. I finally called and their explanation was they could only do it during the daylight hours of like 2:00 to 5:00. Apparantly they had already had 2 installers robbed at gunpoint in the area.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It’s seems like guns have taken on a life of their own. They have now been made incarnate from an inanimate object by the libtards, snowflakes and most notably Indy politicians. All the politicians say is that there is “gun violence” happening throughout Indy. Most, I repeat, most tragically a 1 year old child was killed the other day as the result of thug criminals targeting and shooting up a house full of people. Why? Supposedly over a dispute that festered on social media between some people. What? Somebody got “disrespected” on social media so you settle the alleged “insult” by shooting up a house? The point being it was thug animals that shot up the house. They used the guns. The guns did not jump up, load, aim and fire by themselves. The idiot politicians and ignorant 10 Point Coalition people don’t get it. It is the hoodlums, gangsters, degenerates and lowlifes committing these crimes right in their own communities. It is not gun violence! It is depraved people violence! People who reside within the communities where all this criminal violence is taking place are responsible for these killings. Tell the politicians it is not gun violence but bad people violence.:xmad::xmad::xmad:

If it was a drive by shooting, then why is this not car violence?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Untitled.png

2018 Marion County Criminal Homicide Map

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/crime/map-indys-most-dangerous-neighborhoods-2018

Last edited:

Riggs226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2018
    SLLERSBURG
    Until they have stricter punishments for crimes and they make jails "jail" again. Gun violence will get worse in these "bad" parts of town.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Can Trump divert some Wall funds to the big circle in the middle of Indiana? I mean the foundation for the wall already exists(465), we can just build it up, and add checkpoints for in/out. That way, we can keep the majority of the violence contained. Purple if needed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom