• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Am looking at a new Maintenance Stand for cleaning, mounting scopes and general gun maintenance on my long guns. Any suggestions?? Please post links if possible. Thanks:yesway:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Build one yourself, like this one. If you need to do heavy work on it, just staple strips of rubber so you can strap a rifle ijn place. I buiilt this one many years ago and it's done all I need it to do. By sliding either end piece in or out, you can accommodate any length rifle. It breaks down in about 10 seconds to take to the range. It only cost me about 45 minutes and a $0.79 for a 1/2" dowel, and a chunk of scrap 1x6.... rifle not included :)

1411b.jpg

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    The 1x6's I have in the garage. I'll go pick up a couple of dowel rods tomorrow, then you folks can come up and test 'em out at your convenience. Howz zat? :dunno: :patriot: Semper Fi

:yesway: I don't work on Friday or Saurday, maybe it will warm up some to put some rounds down range. I don't need good weather but others have not yet learned to adapt yet.:D Semper Fi

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    :yesway: I don't work on Friday or Saurday, maybe it will warm up some to put some rounds down range. I don't need good weather but others have not yet learned to adapt yet.:D Semper Fi

We can sure try it out. By the way, I am one of the "others" you speak of. I do not like cold weather, I don't have to like cold weather, and I'm not ever gonna like cold weather. Having said that, I realize the benefit of training in cold weather.... and I do it... but I still don't have to like it. :cool:

Kokomo is supposed to be having a gun show on the 1st, and 2nd. You, me and Patrick will fit in my truck... any more, and we can take our van..... if you have any interest in going. $5 to get in, not a great big show, but about 90 minutes worth of cruising. :dunno:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    We can sure try it out. By the way, I am one of the "others" you speak of. I do not like cold weather, I don't have to like cold weather, and I'm not ever gonna like cold weather. Having said that, I realize the benefit of training in cold weather.... and I do it... but I still don't have to like it. :cool:

Kokomo is supposed to be having a gun show on the 1st, and 2nd. You, me and Patrick will fit in my truck... any more, and we can take our van..... if you have any interest in going. $5 to get in, not a great big show, but about 90 minutes worth of cruising. :dunno:

Yea I would like to do that, I got a couple of guns I need to sell or trade anyways. I will call you later inthe week.

Top Bottom