• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    On the subject of decockers users should always keep this firmly in mind - there have been a number of cases of persons using a decocker to drop the hammer on a loaded pistol and had a ND. Most of these (believe it or not) have been LEO personnel. At least one case in New York City involved an officer decocking his pistol while covering a handcuffed suspect and shot him. Imagine defending yourself in court on that. ALWAYS EXPECT the gun to fire when decocking (or just lowering the hammer) and make sure the muzzle is not on anything you care about. Hopefully you will never see this happen but like I said always consider the possibility. This is the main reason I don't personally care for the idea of a decockers. One second of inattention can have dire consequences. Relying on a mechanical safety is bad enough without relying on one while dropping a hammer. Most people that have seen this did not believe it was possible until it happened to them.

I always feel a little nervous using the one on my 5906 because it feels like there should be a boom every time i switch it and hear the hammer fall.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    My wife loves her FEG P9R. Not a real common firearm but she loves the feel and weight of it. I also think it is a pretty cool piece.

jodus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    new castle
    cz p-01 ,lots of accessories, mags can be found cheap(mec gar), and with a crossbreed holster it can be carried easily IMO

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    From the few that I've owned/used, SIG has the best design for decocking mechanism. Ruger and Beretta would drop the hammer and let it crashing onto the slide (Ruger moves the firing pin forward, while Beretta rotate the rear part of firing pin out of the way), a loud bang. HK USP also let the hammer fall at full force, but drops it to half cock. SIG would drop the hammer at the beginning, then the hammer is controlled by the decocking lever. Your hand controls how fast the decocking lever is released, and in turn how fast the hammer dropped. A very smart design...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    There are many CZ models that fit the bill, and you're almost certain to find that they are a great fit to your hand, too. It's just too bad that not many retailers stock them.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    From the few that I've owned/used, SIG has the best design for decocking mechanism. Ruger and Beretta would drop the hammer and let it crashing onto the slide (Ruger moves the firing pin forward, while Beretta rotate the rear part of firing pin out of the way), a loud bang. HK USP also let the hammer fall at full force, but drops it to half cock. SIG would drop the hammer at the beginning, then the hammer is controlled by the decocking lever. Your hand controls how fast the decocking lever is released, and in turn how fast the hammer dropped. A very smart design...

My CZ Shadow has a hand-controlled speed hammer drop decocker as well....my thumb and forefinger! :): It's a little unnerving at first, but after doing it a bajillion times, it's not so bad.

I do like the Sig decocker more. It is convenient, especially since the 226 is my EDC. But I wouldn't trade the glorious Shadow trigger for a decocker equipped CZ, that feature really limits how good the trigger can be.

Top Bottom