• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Stopped in to have a look. Massive and loaded with guns. I walked the pistol cases off roughly counting as I went. Almost Every brand. Almost Every style. New and used. Counted roughly 450 handguns. Plus long guns. Hellofa store. Still under construction but already loaded with inventory. Prices were high but unmatched inventory.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    IMHO options and convenience are very important. A store with lots of options is going to help them win customers. In Greenwood, it right next to Walmart...pretty convenient. Going into a GM is probably a lot less intimidating when compared to a LGS.

Plus, Gander has a price match policy:
    If you should find a lower price on an identical in stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know and we will match that price! The competitor must be within a one-hour drive from your Gander Mountain store. This offer excludes rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Stop by the Customer Service counter for complete details.

People want guns and GM has them. Lots of them. Now if they could just get some ammo. Heck, if anyone could get some ammo!

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    All the Gander Mountain's are doing the same thing. I went into Castleton one weekend and they had maybe 5 guns, went back the next weekend and the whole back of the store was nothing but gun cabinets and gun racks lining the wall. Fully stocked, they even had 3 cases of used hand guns and 4 racks of used rifles.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    If you should find a lower price on an identical in stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know and we will match that price! The competitor must be within a one-hour drive from your Gander Mountain store. This offer excludes rebates, financing offers, misprints, iscontinued, clearance, or closeout prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Stop by the Customer Service counter for complete details.

I'm still calling BULL***t on this one!

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you should find a lower price on an identical in stock item within 14 days at a local competitor, let us know and we will match that price! The competitor must be within a one-hour drive from your Gander Mountain store. This offer excludes rebates, financing offers, misprints, discontinued, clearance, or closeout prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Stop by the Customer Service counter for complete details.

that price match policy verbiage is retarded. Time is subjective, but distance is not. As of now at least for the Ft. Wayne store it is 100NM distance or any big chain store.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They may have high prices but even Don is selling guns and has been forever. His prices are at least 50% higher than most everybody's. They are low on inventory like everyone else. The guns are rolling out the front door at GM.

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I was up North today so I stopped by Cabela's. They had a very big inventory of guns as well. The only ammo they had was shotgun and large caliber rifle. Virtually no handgun ammo.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I've personally seen Ganders price match. They matched a very well known LGS with just a phone call by me. The LGS normally stocked this particular model but was out of stock at the time and couldn't estimate when it would be back in stock and what the price would be when it was back in stock. This happened at the Gander in Greenwood during the last 1500 and it saved over $120.00 from the price that Gander had it tagged as.

I can't speak to any other locations, but at least for the Gander in Greenwood the price match is no B/S...even when the LGS is out of stock.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've had dealings with the store manager of the Greenwood GM. He is a stand up guy (or at least was to me). Is Gander really that overpriced? I know Don's is, but that's not news to anybody.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Can't be any higher than the prices I saw in Indy trading post.

Unfortunately, ITP seems to have raised prices more than places like PSS and Bradis. They were a bit higher before the panic, but seem to be less competitive now and their inventory is lacking.

Also, about the price match. There are about 3-4 other threads this past couple weeks about Gander's stocking up (dupe alert) and the price matching is touched in almost every one I believe.

How can you price match with an LGS that doesn't give prices over the phone or may not even be answering? And do you call and put on speakerphone and ask or do they say "Hi this is Gander and we wanted your price on..." Good luck with that one. I suspect that if you know the guys at the LGS, you might be able to get them to tell you - but then you're hurting your buddies back there. They should be more competitive across the board period. The more you move, the greater the discount.

vanguard2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Fairmount
    If you watch the Gander Mountain sales flyers, their prices are as good or better than anyone else. Last month they had S&W M&Ps for $499 in both 9mm and 40. I havent seen them at that price anywhere else. People get the idea that they are way overpriced and dont check it out for themselves. I was at the store in Dayton last week and they had tons of guns and a lot of ammo in every caliber except .22lr.

jstarbuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    My husband and I started shopping around about 2 months ago and just bought our guns in the last two weeks. Gander Mountain had a few guns at good prices, comparable to LGS. Some of the other guns were overpriced, sometimes $200 more than LGS had in stock.

Top Bottom