• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm looking to wrap at Ruger M77 all weather for obvious reasons. The stainless shines a little too bright sometimes and I feel I need something to take down the glare.

So, my question for you is what product to you suggest for wrapping the gun without harming the finish? Namebrands/websites would be helpful. I know that I've heard some people complain of the residue that some tapes leave.

Thanks in advance.

crocket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    there was a place in whiteland indiana that would do what you are looking for i met them at the gun show they done a stock and a fore arm for my 870and at that time they were working on getting a ffl so they could do the whole gun but they are no longer there and i have know idea what happen to them i would like to find someone local as well.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    There was a booth at the Boat, Sport, Travel that did some kind of dip or wrap. I wish I would have gotten some information from them but it was packed around their booth when I walked by.

Maybe someone here got their name/info.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    After playing around with the McNett CamoForm, I've got to say that i do like it. I will recommend buying more than one roll for a rifle or shot gun, which is relative to how much gun you have to cover.
    The wrap / tape is dry with no adhesive, real similar to what the medical industry is using that replaced the ace bandage, except thicker. It adheres to itself like velcro and is removable and washable. I'm certain i'll be buying more.

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    After playing around with the McNett CamoForm, I've got to say that i do like it. I will recommend buying more than one roll for a rifle or shot gun, which is relative to how much gun you have to cover.
    The wrap / tape is dry with no adhesive, real similar to what the medical industry is using that replaced the ace bandage, except thicker. It adheres to itself like velcro and is removable and washable. I'm certain i'll be buying more.

thanks for the info. gonna have to get some now.

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012

Great thanks.....this is a good suggestion any others

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I would not recommend the tape stuff you see at walmart and a lot of sporting goods stores, there have been many barrels pitted up by moisture that forms between the tape and the metal. Yours being stainless might work better but why risk it.

sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I used that tape stuff and put on my 870 just to see if I wanted it camo or not. its cheap and gives u a good idea what it looks like but it is just good for workin n a pinch. I bought a roll and did my gun I used a heat gun to get it to stick better had it on their for 6 months with no trouble. I end up peeling it off with no damage but I wanted something more permanent so I had it dipped and I love it now I just wanted to see if I liked it before I did it. but the dip doesn't come off

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    my 0.02---------There was a 'smith in Franklin,In. that did a complete"dip" for me(Rem 1100)------(I wish he was still in business)-------BEAUTIFUL job.

Now there is a company in NE Indiana that does the dip process--I sent them a buttstock,and forend for a dbl shotgun---

---the hatchet and chainsaw that they used must have been VERY DULL---- I was very dissapointed with the SORRY job that returned to me......

There are a few companies that make a cammo cover that is waterproof,and is installed,and removed with a zipper......the "sticky tape"covers can cause rust-------
    "from experience"---I bought a shotgun that had the sticky tape cammo covering---when I removed the tape I found rust on all the steel----and the stock finish was discolored--------

Spend a little more and get the "removable type"

OK,that was 0.05

tallend

Top Bottom