• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    All I can add is to speak with the seller over the phone. Propose to the seller that you two speak calmly over the phone to find a reasonable solution to the problem. If the seller doesn't want to do that it starts to raise a lot of suspicions. Is the gun actually his? Is it stolen? You gave him what he wanted. He's acting like a child IMHO. Good luck with this.

harleyindys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Southside Indy
    Well may doing is having a FFL complete his transfer the cost of that may be anywhere from 20-50 dollars and the FFL is using Fedex that charge is between 30-70 dollars . I know Fedex is this high because I just sold a gun on gunbroker and the buyer wanted it the next day ,the charge was $75 just to ship the firearm.As far as shipping a firearm USPS only a dealer can do that,The dealer has to present to USPS that a firearm is being shipped otherwise the insurance will not cover if lost in mail.Individual cannot legally ship a handgun USPS only a FFL can. I agree you should receive a cost breakdown on shipping ,we have shipped over 100 firearm via GB sales and I always give a complete breakdown on shipping,insurance and receipt verification.

Last edited:

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I've purchased from GB several times and the most I've paid for shipping/insurance was $35. Granted, this wasn't for overnight delivery...but still not close to what you're being quoted. Your ad didn't read like he was including his FFL charge, and I've never had to pay their side...so it sounds to me like he's trying to get more from you by padding his "actual" shipping charges.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    IMO, a neg rep isn't going to do anything at all. The seller can just easily explain it away as a miscommunication and a buyer that didn't like the terms and didn't ask about them prior to the end of the auction. Whether he is lying, other buyers won't know that and if he seems upfront with them and is happy with the offer he gets on his future sales, the padding issue might never come up again. Some of you guys take the idea of negative rep way too seriously. As far as the seller, if he isn't answering/giving a breakdown of shipping...seems pretty douchey.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Correct me if I'm wrong but to sell or ship out a gun a FFL is not required. If GB is
    self-policed by rep points then, IMO, then seller is going to take the hit.

you do not need an FFL to ship handguns through UPS or FEDEX. You do need an FFL to ship USPS which is the cheapest way to ship since UPS and FEDEX require overnight shipping of handguns.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    His ad gave a choice of shipping, did you choose one, or did he "choose" for you?
    It did say actual shipping charges, not shipping + ffl + handling + packaging + time+ gas etc. Seller deserves to get ACTUAL shipping fee.... No more, no less!
    If he won't give a break down on the price, let it go, there are plenty Rossis out there. Let him sell it to some other chump!.... Not saying you are one!:)

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I posted negative feedback on GB with as much detail as possible. I am done with this goofball. Thanks to all who replied. It is good to vent and reassuring to know I was not the only one who thought this guy was not being an honorable seller.

Top Bottom