• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    No, but like you, I sure have thought about it. Right now I'm kinda jonesing for a Commander in 9x23 though, so probably Jim Garthwaite is going to see the next disposable income I'm able to accumulate unless I can talk SOMEONE out of a Combat Commander in 9mm or 38 Super.

Those Guncrafter pistols are gorgeous! Going for their namesake cartridge?

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    No, but like you, I sure have thought about it. Right now I'm kinda jonesing for a Commander in 9x23 though, so probably Jim Garthwaite is going to see the next disposable income I'm able to accumulate unless I can talk SOMEONE out of a Combat Commander in 9mm or 38 Super.

Just the normal Commander .45, though the GI .50 is tempting. . This one.

GN02056A_450.JPG

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

9x23 is a badass cartridge. 10+1 of 357 Mag power (124/125gr JHP@1450fps), in a 1911 with a nice single action trigger? Yes please!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I did a lot of research and look at the big names of the high end 1911's because I wanted a 9mm version, GC was my final choice as I think you get a lot of gun for your money and will last forever if you take care of it. I did not get mine as something came up and will remain something I will get some day but not any time soon.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I did a lot of research and look at the big names of the high end 1911's because I wanted a 9mm version, GC was my final choice as I think you get a lot of gun for your money and will last forever if you take care of it. I did not get mine as something came up and will remain something I will get some day but not any time soon.

Seems as though everyone that does have one gives them great reviews. Suppose to every bit as good as Wilson but a cheaper price.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Seems as though everyone that does have one gives them great reviews. Suppose to every bit as good as Wilson but a cheaper price.

They're right down the road from Wilson, and word is most of their staff were former Wilson guys. Not unlike Nighthawk.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Guncrafter pair.jpg Guncrafter light.jpg
    Guncrafter makes as good a pistol as Wilson, Baer, and Nighthawk. Plus, the fact that they're in a league by themselves with them being .50 is that much sweeter. If you're willing to pay that much for a pistol, you won't be disappointed!
    Sorry for the poor picture quality .....

Top Bottom