• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I didn't realize how terrible Guns America was until I tried to purchase a gun yesterday. I have bought a couple of guns from individuals on GA in the past without a problem. Then, a couple years ago I committed to purchase a G23 from a guy. I was offering his asking price and tried calling him without any response. I just thought he was a fluke. I moved on.

After shooting a Sig 522 the other day, I had to have one. I committed to buy as there was one that was priced great ($350 + $15 shipping). It was new in the box.

SIG SAUER 522 .22 CAL RIFLE NEW - American Arms Rifles for sale

I clicked 'commit to buy' and provided my FFL info. I called my FFL to get the ball rolling. Then I called the seller 'Putnam Tactical' to let them know I was ready to pay. I told him what I purchased and his response was, "Yeah, we sold that one in the store." I quickly ended the call.

I find it horrible that they can have an active listing showing a quantity of 2 of something they DON'T have. That's like me listing a Rolex that I don't own thinking I could go get one and turn it for a profit if someone wanted it for my asking price. This just burns me up. Also, you think they could delete that ad from GA after my call.

Anyways, I hereby express a big fat -1 Putnam Tactical in New York. Oh yeah, and a big -1 for NY too, just because.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I've run into other deals like that on "online" sites and ads. Seems some seller like the exposure that online gives them yet treat it like the ugly stepchild. Returning inquiries several days after if at all. One contacted me 5 days after and was dumbfounded that I had bought another in the meantime for several $$$ less. If sellers can't treat online legitimately, they should get the hell out of it and stick to printed media.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Yep..Though I've had that happen on gun broker, a bid or buy it now type deal only to get an e-mail that says item has been back ordered..WTF?

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It takes a lot to click that button 'Commit to Buy' but they can just push the "Just Kidding" button whenever they want. It's like catching someone reneging in Euchre and they just pick their card up and play a different one.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Stuff like this is exactly why I was so glad to find INGO. Not that there are never any bad things that happen here, but the way the site is managed keeps it to a minimum.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew it was yours. Sorry that ended poorly yesterday... *Laughs* - man, I like the concept of the 'just kidding' button though. Repped.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    well, I'm giving it a second chance. I commited to purchase another 522 from an individual. I have already spoken to him on the phone and sent my money order. Hopefully, he'll uphold his end of the bargain. Speaking of bargains, I think this is a great price for a NIB 522 + an additional magazine. $329 + local transfer.

+1 Guns American (for now...)

Top Bottom