• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A Taurus is like a ... Taurus. You can buy used ones cheap, and they usually run OK until they get older with some mileage on them.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    GM and Kel Tec. Cheap, somewhat odd looking, and they run forever (albeit, in a crappy kind of way). With some work, they can be reliable.

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    I would have to agree ruger 10/22 are like honda's. They can be cheap and reliable, they are great stock but even better when they are "modded". You can change just about everything on them both.

Also I see other similarities between guns and cars. You can buy completely "stock" cars and/or guns or purchase cars and/or guns that are already "modded." But I think that it's more fun to try to do most of the work yourself and make it your personal car/gun.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I can't think of a car to compare the 1911 to. I mean really. What car company would make the same car that still looks like it did 100 years ago when it first came out?

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County

you mean like this?

http://webjunk.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/trabant_tuning.jpg

nvfd1116

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    I can't think of a car to compare the 1911 to. I mean really. What car company would make the same car that still looks like it did 100 years ago when it first came out?

If it was still just as sexy as the day it was released I would buy one. The 1911 is what guns should look like. I dont own one...yet but my day will come.

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN

Not a car, and 75 years difference not 100 (1936 vs 2010) but they still look basically the same...
    2010-1.jpg
    1936.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Guns, like cars, are highly specialized tools.

There are some tasks for which you really need a 2 ton 4WD truck and some for which you need a Civic. There's some overlap, and you can sometimes press a vehicle to serve in a manner for which it's not optimal (with great difficulty, and whilst sacrificing efficiency), but it's really best to use the right vehicle for the job.

Same with firearms.

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN
    Thats not really a fair comparison because you've got a sporty there and then you've got a true classic.

That's exactly why I believe that it is not only a fair comparison, but an extremely accurate comparison. From visual design cues a modern HD Sportster does not look all that different from a classic 1936 EL Knucklehead. I'm pretty sure it would be next to impossible to compare anything made 75 or 100 years ago, to it's contemporary counterpart without one of those items being considered a classic.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That's exactly why I believe that it is not only a fair comparison, but an extremely accurate comparison. From visual design cues a modern HD Sportster does not look all that different from a classic 1936 EL Knucklehead. I'm pretty sure it would be next to impossible to compare anything made 75 or 100 years ago, to it's contemporary counterpart without one of those items being considered a classic.

Kinda meant it as a little bit of a slight on the Sporty. While they aren't bad bikes, it would be like comparing a GSG 1911/.22 with a "correct" Union Switch & Signal (or maybe a Singer if the EL being compared to the Sporty is also "correct).

H-D is actually disgusting with the forty eight. No matter how much they want to sell style from decades ago, it just doesn't compare.

Top Bottom