Guns are OBVIOUSLY the problem in this house.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Good thing it doesn't make ME want to shoot up an elementary school or act completely insane. In fact it makes me fail school because it is too simple for me to process.

Woah, I've got dysgraphia and dyspraxia. I'm not saying developmental disorders make a person likely to kill. I'm just passing along something I've heard. Although that seems to get me more hate than it's worth recently.

Czarcasm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    My friends brother has aspergers, and he is pretty normal. A little shy at first, but once you are around a few times he just like anyone else. He goes to ball state now, watches football, etc. That Adam Lanza was just a crazy POS. His mother knew he wasnt right and should had those guns secured in a fashion that he would have NO WAY of accessing them. Unfortunately, that mistake cost many lives.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I heard a stat on WIBC earlier this week that 98% of mental problem patients are not violent. Don't really have the time to look this up/verify, but it certainly sparked interest in that just because someone has a mental problem doesn't mean they want to go out and kill people.
    More so this is for those that wish to condemn anyone with any smidgen of mental issues in the future. (Not to say that this person must have had serious mental issues that turned violent).

I wish more people would internalize this. And there's a difference between a developmental disorder and a mental/mood disorder. We don't need to go locking up everybody with Down's.

THAT part of the article was horrifying. Just gives me one more reason to continue cutting my own hair.

I'll admit I was completely shocked that someone had the guts to verbalize it, let alone to a media outlet that would get national exposure. But I'm betting the author of that comment grew up at a time when people understood the need to eradicate evil rather than just lock it up in a jail and watch it for the sake of another article to publish for one's CV. I'm less horrified that he feels that way than I am that more of society doesn't.

Top Bottom