• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    People have been shot on college campuses.....and so he blames all the licensed gun toters? How many people have been shot, by accident or intentionally, by lawful carriers of guns, on any college campus?

The utter lack of critical thinking skills is shocking. No wonder he's only an adjunct.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    People have been shot on college campuses.....and so he blames all the licensed gun toters? How many people have been shot, by accident or intentionally, by lawful carriers of guns, on any college campus?

The utter lack of critical thinking skills is shocking. No wonder he's only an adjunct.

I'm surprised a Marine would writes something like that. Besides, he was never threatened by anyone with a gun. He just automatically gained a fear of some imaginary gun that someone may pull on him. He could feel the same way about a brick and it would make just as much sense.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I'm not allowed to carry on my campus but would, given the opportunity. There are times when I leave campus at 9-10pm at night. The parking lot is large and isn't well lit. Of course I suppose I should feel safe because we have police officers rolling around on Segways....lol.

Deusvult

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Southside of Indianapolis
    Given the state of most colleges, this is not really surprising. Most professors are very liberal and most students are either liberal already or will be by the time they 'learn' from their professors.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Given the state of most colleges, this is not really surprising. Most professors are very liberal and most students are either liberal already or will be by the time they 'learn' from their professors.
    So by your estimation, every college graduate is a liberal....or most are. Hmmm...I guess the first degree I got didn't make me a liberal....maybe deciding to get this second one will. Come on man...that's an awful broad generalization you are casting about. P.S. Most of my classmates are conservatives....just saying.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    So by your estimation, every college graduate is a liberal....or most are. Hmmm...I guess the first degree I got didn't make me a liberal....maybe deciding to get this second one will. Come on man...that's an awful broad generalization you are casting about. P.S. Most of my classmates are conservatives....just saying.

The key is most. I have 7 years of college education, and I made it out with mostly conservative values. There is probably a pretty high correlation between years in college and liberal views, but like any non-causal relationship, there will be deviances (us) and skews to the results. The trend is still probably pretty strong.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Neither do criminals. YOU can't seem to stop them. We can, if we're not intentionally made helpless by stupid laws, because we're actually there when they're committing their crimes.

Treat guns as a virus? Ok. That means we immunize against them. A large number of criminals will be armed, and those who aren't are those who choose not to be. In Indiana, approximately one in six adults hold a LTCH. If that ratio holds true and one in six adult college students are licensed, we can extrapolate that those are the ones who are willing to carry in defense of life. A small amount of the so-called "problem" will solve the actual problem of the BGs being willing or able to commit crimes.

This former Marine had two instances where he feared for his life. I don't imagine he'd have been fearful if he'd been armed. That doesn't seem to occur to him.
    Hoplophobia is an ugly thing.

Blessings,
    Bill

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg

Nation wide, 1 in 9 college professors are liberal. College students are in the most formative stages of their lives. Obviusly not all will come away liberal, but a good portion do.

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County

I'm sure lots of my professors were liberal but I never asked so I don't know for a fact. What I do know is getting a college education didn't magically turn me into a liberal. It also didn't make any of my classmates or teammates turn liberal if they weren't already to begin with.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Actually IIRC The VaTech shooter was liscened to carry from no les than NY State.

I thought at first that it may havebeen a liberal set-up. :tinfoil:

Then couldn't figure why the libs didn't jump on it.

Correct me if I am wrong

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Some colleges are more liberal and will influence their students to become more liberal. Some are made of more conservative professors and students. I just graduated from Purdue a few years back and majority of people I graduated with owned multiple guns and had the LTCH. Most professors were also conservative and were into gun as well but had to be careful about talking about it because of policies. I had several classes that we needed to bring stuff in to show and talk about manufacturing or engineering required to build it...ALL my professors felt it was required to remind us not to bring guns or gun parts in because it was against policy. I think the liberal vs conservative college thing is very much a function of where you go. The generalization of all colleges and all college graduates is incorrect though.

Deusvult

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Southside of Indianapolis

As JimmyR said above, the key is "most". By that I mean that a majority (more than 50%) are liberal in their viewpoint.

I attended 8 years of college and obtained two degrees. I feel fairly confident in saying that the majority of my professors (based upon what they taught and/or their extraneous comments in class) and a majority of my fellow students (based upon what they said and/or their behavior in general) were rather liberal. Admittedly, my statement above was very broad and based primarly upon my own subjective experiences, but nothing that I have heard about or experienced in life so far has led me to believe that my statement is not substantially correct. However, let me add that I certainly did not mean to offend anyone or mean to imply that college is useless.

Obviously, you are free to disagree with me, but, if so, you either had a much better experience in college than I did or you are much more optimistic about the future and the current state of affairs than I am.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Actually IIRC The VaTech shooter was liscened to carry from no les than NY State.

I thought at first that it may havebeen a liberal set-up. :tinfoil:

Then couldn't figure why the libs didn't jump on it.

Correct me if I am wrong

He actually was a prohibited possessor, because he was adjudicated mentally defective. In other words, license or not, he couldn't have been a lawful carrier in ANY state, because federal law prohibited him--for life--from possessing any firearm.

Top Bottom