• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    You didn't say what revolver you are using now so I'm not sure what type of recoil would be to much. I would assume that she would want a compact so I would suggest a Kahr PM9 or CW9, Ruger LC9 or a Sig Sauer P938 for a 9mm. A Kahr P380 or CW380, Ruger LCP, Sig Sauer P238. Possibly a small .38 Special Revolver.
    If you live around Noble County I could let you and your boy friend shoot the Sig P938, P238 the Ruger LCP or a Taurus 85 .38 spl. :twocents:

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I would def go with 9mm. Kahr CW9 is a great gun, the slide is a little harder to rack for my wife. But hands down I would recommend the Beretta Nano. It shoots great, solid build, rack action is downright gorgeous. Also, for such a small carry weapon it is really fun at the range.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    My daughter has a Bersa Thunder 380cc. .380 or 9mm short. ;)

Fits her hand perfectly. Low recoil. Easy to carry.

We girlied it up for her.

Bersa.jpg

She loves shooting my Sig P238, but I was buying and she got the $250 gun and not the $600 gun.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Lots of good recommendations so far. If you're into revolvers I would lean towards the Ruger Lcr. If you want a semi-auto I would recommend trying out a glock 26. The best way to decide is to try out a few, either at shooting range where you can rent them or meet up with some local members who will let you try theirs.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I know the selection in stores is limited but go handle some and see how they fit you. My wife loves her Bersa Thunder 380. Also the S&W 642 or Ruger LCP .38 are easily concealed with a good caliber. I hear good reviews of the Ruger LC9 as well. It just depends what you feel comfortable with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1st, I would recommend an INGO account for you individually. Group ones seem to run into trouble.
    2nd, try different weapons out. Get what you feel comfortable carrying and/or shooting.
    You may want to keep an eye out for Meet & Shoots in your area. Great way to try out different weapons. And other female shooters.
    We have some great M&Ss in northwest IN. If you two are in this area, I can post a link.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Kind of depends on the size of your hands, your sensitivity to recoil, your physical ability to manipulate a slide...etc.
    What general location are you?

Soupcan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I bought my wife a Walther P22 and she likes it. She wants little to no recoil though.

Top Bottom