• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Just a question about the guns I see for sale here on INGO. I have quite a few hand guns including S&W, Sig, Glock, Taurus, just to name a few. I really like them all, all shoot great. I wouldn't trade or sell any of them. All the makes of guns I see for sale/trade are all from highly respected manufactures. So here is the question. If all these makes and models are really great guns, why are so many of them for sale/trade? I understand people wanting to try different model guns, but why sell/trade a gun that you know is a great gun, and take the chance of getting someone elses problem gun? Just something I have been pondering.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Let's see, gun is not what they really wanted, need money, lost job, vehicle broke down, interest changed, wife/husband changed their mine for them. gun was too big/small for their use, bah,bah and more bah. Understand now?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Took it as part of a trade, not what they expected, just wanted something different.........

......... Or just buying and selling for a profit.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Some people just love to buy and try. I used to have a 9mm, and .32acp pistol before I consolidated all my hand guns to .45acp. I used to think this way until I realized that I had to give up a gun I may have liked to get into I gun I needed.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I have traded a few times knowing that I would only be getting rid of the gun that I'm acquiring. If I am trying to get rid of something more obscure and less desirable, and someone offers me something more popular with an equal or greater value, I will probably take the trade.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just a question about the guns I see for sale here on INGO. I have quite a few hand guns including S&W, Sig, Glock, Taurus, just to name a few. I really like them all, all shoot great. I wouldn't trade or sell any of them. All the makes of guns I see for sale/trade are all from highly respected manufactures. So here is the question. If all these makes and models are really great guns, why are so many of them for sale/trade? I understand people wanting to try different model guns, but why sell/trade a gun that you know is a great gun, and take the chance of getting someone elses problem gun? Just something I have been pondering.

Same reasons people break-up and/or get divorced.

[STRIKE]Redheads are ****ing bat ass crazy.[/STRIKE] Irreconcilable Differences. :rolleyes:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I sold two handguns I loved so that I could purchase two that made more sense for my wife to have as defensive sidearms. I will have another p226, but probably after I get another cz75.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I sold two handguns I loved so that I could purchase two that made more sense for my wife to have as defensive sidearms. I will have another p226, but probably after I get another cz75.

About a year ago I sold my beloved Smith 686 because I was not working, and that was the gun that would get me the most money to pay bills with. When I got a job, I looked in the classifieds hoping to find another 686 to replace it, and I found the same 686 and bought it back.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My main reasons have been to get something I want more (buying or trading), getting rid of something I just never seem to shoot or don't enjoy shooting (my AR-15 fell into that category), or consolidating calibers. Usually anything I get rid of is something that won't be hard to replace should I change my mind later.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I plan on selling some of the weapons that I have not shot for over 4 years. Then with the money I want to buy more ammo and magazines for the weapons I am keeping. Everyone has reasons.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Addicts trying to go straight need to get rid of there drug of choice. Since most on here would agree buying guns is a terrible addiction that is what they have to get rid of.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Reasons I sell a gun:

1) I've bought a nicer version or a version I prefer over the existing one. Example: Once I had my GP100 Match Champion, I sold my Security Six. They were duplicates, both 4" .357s, and the Match Champion was nicer.

2) I no longer need it. Example: After moving to the city, I hadn't used my slug gun for nearly 9 years. Why keep it?

3) I probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place. I've had a few guns I bought because I liked the person selling it and wanted to help them out, the price was too good to pass up, etc. There's nothing wrong with them, they just aren't what I'm in to.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    With some of the things I collect (especially mausers) if I can get a nicer version of something I already have then I will usually sell the one it replaces. Its a harsh necessity needed to keep my basement from being nothing but gunsafes.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I had a friend ask me to help him find a pistol for home and personal defense. I took him to the range and let him shoot about a dozen guns. He settled on a Glock 19. I searched for a couple weeks to find him a good deal, but had no luck so I sold him mine. It's easily replaceable when a good deal comes along.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Because it's a hobby. And a disease.

There soon will be a 12 step program.

Hi, I'm Roland, of Gilead and I'm a gunaholic. I once went to the Indy 1500 with a Marsh shopping cart, appliance dolly and $4372 cash in my pocket. I then maxed out my credit card cause I could still push the Marsh cart without a running start at it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom