KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Guns, gangs, and the Glawk 40: A primer on street gangs and how they get arms : guns

VERY interesting thread.

[–]Man_of_Many_Voices 49 points 1 day ago
    Are there any laws you can think of that would actually hinder the gangs? Would removing any laws?

[–]BenjaminWebb1611[S] 183 points 1 day ago
    SYG, CC laws, and money into education and.after.school clubs

Interesting read. I did take a couple things from it:
    Nothing in the post except in the title about a "Glawk" 40 (10MM or G22/23/27).
    They acquire guns from other gang members, pawn shops and by stealing them. I'd been led to believe gun shows provided criminals their firearms.
    Ex-military in gangs: I've heard about that for years. Gang-bangers on active duty and this scenario are very concerning.
    Organizational structure, armorers, specific roles, also very concerning.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    BTW - The author is wrong, it's "Glawk Foh-tay". :lmfao:

Ideas to hinder gangs? Yeah, stop being 'bleeding hearts' and 'take the gloves off'. It's a war, and you're in it. Surprised? You shouldn't be.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That is a very interesting thread, assuming the guy is really a former banger. Overall most of what he says about picking targets seems to make sense

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I read this thread when it was posted on /r/guns the other day. I also thought it was a pretty interesting and informative read. And while we have no proof that the OP was actually a banger, I have no reason to doubt him based off the information he provides.

Ex-military in gangs: I've heard about that for years. Gang-bangers on active duty and this scenario are very concerning.

This further validates my firm belief that veterans are not above reproach and being a veteran alone does not make you a hero.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I read this thread when it was posted on /r/guns the other day. I also thought it was a pretty interesting and informative read. And while we have no proof that the OP was actually a banger, I have no reason to doubt him based off the information he provides.

This further validates my firm belief that veterans are not above reproach and being a veteran alone does not make you a hero.

Anyone who spent time (2+years lets say) in the military is going bring an ability to not only to train, but to organize training. Whether they use this for good or evil is up to the individual. Recruiting is something the military is very good at. I'm sure gangs don't look for resumes on Monster.com. Hell, I never chambered a round except on the range in 21+ years, but I know enough to be dangerous (fortunately I use my powers for good, not evil ;)). Organization, training, communications, situational awareness, small unit tactics. Organize, train and equip? That sounds familiar, that's what the mission of the service components.

Bringing all this to a street gang? Very bad.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Those who are concerned need to get off the square range and practice real gun fighting.

We do? Really?

Do you happen to be a recruiter for the Indiana Department of Corrections?:D Does IDOC need a recruiter?

My answer, um, no.

nope-cat.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Care to elaborate?

2) from pawn shops. Why pawn shops? They tend to be more discreet and less likely to kick you out if they think you bang.

I stopped reading here. Utter nonsense. Pawn shops are subject to the same laws as every other FFL.

This is someone who plays Counterstrike and reads Guns & Ammo with no other experience with guns or with gangs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom