• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Frankly, I had a 2500+ collection until 5 years ago then had to sell all but a couple hundred for financial reasons so I am not sure I can list all of them. Before I sold off most of the collection, I had never sold off a gun that I had owned, ever. Once it was mine it was mine. I had every gun I ever owned from the age of 12 up to the age of 45. I miss more of them than you can imagine.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Frankly, I had a 2500+ collection until 5 years ago then had to sell all but a couple hundred for financial reasons so I am not sure I can list all of them. Before I sold off most of the collection, I had never sold off a gun that I had owned, ever. Once it was mine it was mine. I had every gun I ever owned from the age of 12 up to the age of 45. I miss more of them than you can imagine.

I weep for ya, but a couple hundred seems like more than enough! I have to sell one for financial reasons every single time I want a new one, and I only have enough to count on my fingers...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I weep for ya, but a couple hundred seems like more than enough! I have to sell one for financial reasons every single time I want a new one, and I only have enough to count on my fingers...
    seems like it to you I am sure but then you never owned a collection like mine. :) I watched most of it go to a dealer friend of mine as I needed the money NOW so it had to go fast. So I didn't sell it one at a time, I sold most of it as a unit and helped them carry out their new gun store. I stocked their new location. I wept as I walked through the new store and saw all my guns for sale too. I sold the real cherries on Gun Broker though so at least I made a little money on a few. The one I miss most is my Russian TIGR though is you must narrow it to one. Maybe my Valmets? Hard to say really. :D

Oh well, that is water under the bridge now. The only time it really bothers me now is when someone says something about some odd ball rifle or pistol I once owned and it isn't right. Hard to set them straight now without the usual picture I used to whip out as proof. That and it seems so many are so sure they are right that all I get is piled on if I say something contrary to their excellence. :bowdown:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Pre ban Poly Tech AK underfolder(legend model). Sold it and several other rifles in 1993 to make mortgage payments. One of the best AK's I've ever had in my hands.

Last edited:

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    Sold a Winchester 94 carbine in 30/30. Manufactured in 1976 and was still in the box, never a round loaded in it. Had it for 30 years. Sold it to pay some bills, have regretted it ever since. Still had the wire tie around the stock and lever.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Back in the '70s I had a 20 gauge Wingmaster that I hunted with and shot about 1000 rounds of skeet over a period of a decade. Ran into money troubles and had to sell it. I'd love to have her back again.

Top Bottom