• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    My brother is one of the ministers at the church my family attends. The other day my brother told me about meeting with another local minister. One of the subjects they discussed was having security at their respective churches. The other minister was concerned about security because his church hosted a day care. After this discussion my brother met with the deacons of our church to ask their opinion of having armed security. He was rather surprised when one of the deacons told him having armed security was unnecessary. My brother asked why and the deacon asked him if he hadn't noticed how many of the congregation was armed. I guess I never paid enough attention cause the number of handguns present surprised even me.:): At least I won't feel like the lone ranger now.:)

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I know of several churches that it would probably be a very grave mistake for someone to try and cause trouble at on a Sunday morning. ;)
    Also I believe that was the same response to the need for security when it's brought up at our small church

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    And heres another example of mother government messing up the natural way of things. WERE PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF DEFENDING OURSELVES without your retarded laws.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Noblesville
    I think it's pretty common nowadays for churchgoers to conceal carry at normal services. However, I do not think concealed carry in a daycare is a very good idea, unless that person is known to the church, trained, and approved by the church to be in the role of an official security representative. The need is to have someone vetted by church leadership. The little ones are just too precious to us all to take a chance on just anyone.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If you have daycare at the church, the leader i.e. the pastor may designate who may be armed securty. In my church, everyone may be armed.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If that church has a licensed daycare I wouldn't carry there. Don't need a felony.
    Permission from the administration of the daycare negates the felonious nature of the act. Not to mention that it isn't just the fact that there's a daycare. It matters if it's a daycare that is required to be licensed under specific sections of Indiana Code.

I think it's pretty common nowadays for churchgoers to conceal carry at normal services. However, I do not think concealed carry in a daycare is a very good idea, unless that person is known to the church, trained, and approved by the church to be in the role of an official security representative. The need is to have someone vetted by church leadership. The little ones are just too precious to us all to take a chance on just anyone.
    :facepalm: We let the same people you think are so potentially dangerous out in public with a firearm.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The only daycares that are considered schools by Indiana law are ones REQUIRED to be licensed by the state. Church daycares are exempt from the license requirement by the state. Unless the is some other factor involved, a school or preschool on the property for example, the daycare should not matter. As previously stated the church can authorize anyone to carry, school status or not.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I CC at church every week. No daycare to worry about. I don't know of anyone else who carries at my church aside from LEOs that come right after/before their shift.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    You, obviously, have never taken your children out in public, have you? After all, you wouldn't to expose your precious ones to that risk.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    I'm a Youth Pastor, an I can say that in our church of 100 people, about 15% are armed. In fact, we have a shooting club: "The [church name] Bible Beaters and Pistol Packers." The sound man and I (I run the computers for the screen, etc.) are right in line to look out the Sanctuary entry doors and down the hall. Anything that moves in the hall gets a quick glance from both of us.

Cujo71321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I never thought about carrying concealed at church until 9/11. I guess I was rather naive about the world at the time. I was shaken to my boots and realized that the very things we never ever thought anyone would do, are the exact things that a terrorist can and will do, like walk into a church and either set off a bomb or shoot the place up. Either way, I realized that every church out there that is not a Mosque is a potential target, and that we must be ever vigilant and ready for the unthinkable.
    Thanks,
    Cujo71321

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I carry at my church. My only concern is not a day care, but there is a school on the grounds. They are not connected and the school is not in session during mass. They do share the same parking lot. Does anyone know if I should continue or stop carrying?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So I'm the director of our board and assoc. pastor...my only question is if I can declare myself a security guard and get my training materials (ammo, guns, etc..) tax exempt. :p

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Local parish has 24 hour adoration...the people that are in there during the night hours are usually armed. We've never had an incident that I know of.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I work in the sound booth with a couple other folks. We all carry why we're there. We're in an elevated area in the back so we can see all the entrances to the sanctuary.

:shady:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I want to :puke:OMG the children???

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom