• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    So let me get this straight...Mexico is upset about something being illegally transported into their country.

Ok.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I see what you did there. The irony is breathtaking, isn't it?

I say we make 'em a deal...

This quote comes very early in the article:

"Mexican President Felipe Calderón—due to meet with President Obama in Washington on Wednesday – to press his case that the U.S. government is failing to crack down on a massive flow of illegal weapons into Mexico."

All I can do is :laugh::lmfao::lol2::rofl::laugh6:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    My fiance', who holds dual citizenship, said, "Well, Mexico is responsible for all the drugs in this country. Let's call it even." Of course, that is semi-acknowledging that the guns may have come from this country. But, her heart is in the right place.

Interesting how their former SpecOps people started this camp. I think that says something about the corruption in Mexico, and I love Mexico. But, they have some serious problems down there.

I love how Mexico wants to tell us how to run things up here, and at the same time ask for Foreign Aid. Which, I don't have a problem with foreign aid, it is of strategic and political importance, but, beggars cannot be choosers.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Mexico is getting so bad that our church mission group was told to stay home this summer as it is too dangerous there.

So let me get this straight, are we trading arms for people? We send them illegal firearms and they send us illegal people?

Dear President of Mexico: Please tell our president that he needs to completely secure and shut down our boarder with your country to prevent illegal traffic in both directions! Thank you.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    Mexico is getting so bad that our church mission group was told to stay home this summer as it is too dangerous there.

So let me get this straight, are we trading arms for people? We send them illegal firearms and they send us illegal people?

Dear President of Mexico: Please tell our president that he needs to completely secure and shut down our boarder with your country to prevent illegal traffic in both directions! Thank you.
    Well said.If they secure the border properly the problem will be solved.:D

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Exactly. It just shows you what the true aim is when their solution to everything is to re-institute the assault weapons ban. If it was really about security and weapons flow, they could just as easily use that as justification to shut down the border, but instead the solution is always to disarm Americans and harass gun shops out of business. For that matter, I noticed they even hinted at private sales being a problem, too. They basically followed the Brady campaign right down the bullet list (pun only sort of intended).

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Can't be true...

This just can't be true. I have traveled to Juarez 6 times in the last three years for work. Always parking on the US side and walking across the bridge to enter (reverse immigrant). There is a HUGE sign posted above the roadway to the bridge and it clearly says:

GUNS AND AMMUNITION ILLEGAL IN MEXICO
    PENALTY = PRISON

With a law this clear how can there be any problems?????

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    The illegal drugs in America has made my decision.I keep hearing about legalizing pot.I disagree when is this gonna stop.If people in america would say no to illegal drugs the market would dry up.I like the way VIENNA deals with drug dealers.EXECUTION Thank you that is what we need.:rockwoot:

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    The best way to stop the gun flow to Mexico is for the US to stop selling the Mexican government guns. There is far too much corruption for them to have our weaponry. If the cartels are getting American guns they are getting them from the Mexican military and police.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Worked over there in various maquila towns for years, always glad to be home after a trip. Spending time in those corrupt third world pest holes makes you really appreciate the USA.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    This just can't be true. I have traveled to Juarez 6 times in the last three years for work. Always parking on the US side and walking across the bridge to enter (reverse immigrant). There is a HUGE sign posted above the roadway to the bridge and it clearly says:

PENALTY = PRISON

And when you walked across the footbridge into Mexico, how closely were you checked? It was 4-5 years ago for me, but I clearly remember just waving to a guy in a toll-booth like shack.

Coming back into the US? I thought they were going to do a cavity search. :yesway:**

**Not implying that I want to be cavity searched. :laugh: Nope. Just that it was nice... er, prudent... to see that the lax security was only on one side of the border.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County

PENALTY = PRISON

Yep, that's what used to happen to me. I drove down to Michoacan for a semester abroad a couple years ago, and was waved right through until I got to the checkpoint between Monterrey and Laredo. I got the red light, and they only sifted through my car really quick. I think they were nice because the girls working there wanted to marry me.

But, over Christmas, I got checked on the US side and the Mexican side on the way down. You may remember that a year and a half ago, all of the Mexican customs agents were fired and replaced with newly US trained, college educated guys who passed background checks, etc. In theory, it is supposed to cut down on the trafficking. I did notice they were a little more professional, but money and power still corrupts and it won't be the end of that in that country until they take out the narcos.

And yeah, on the US side, they checked me on the way down with a dog and I think an x-ray device for guns. I never got out of the car. But, on the way back, US Customs ripped my car apart, took out the door panels, etc. They couldn't believe I drove alone through Mexico. Took them an hour. But, it is always a great feeling to step onto American soil.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Slightly thread-jacking but it was mentioned a few posts back; Legalize Marijauna! Problem solved, both governments tax the hell out of it, everyone is happy! Simple solution that I have put no thought into but did anyone read the article last week about the lost drug war? $40 Billion Dollars, thousands of lives, smuggling operations more hi-tech than ever and the drug problem has only gotten worse! I have never partook and it doesn't bother me if you do or don't but I can't see how this is any different than prohibition. Legalize it and we would probably see a huge drop in related crimes on both side of the border. Yeah I know it leads to hard drugs etc. Provide a link for the studies. (This oughta get something stirred up).

Back to our regularly scheduled post.

Top Bottom