• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    I've been reading some of these so called "common sense" laws that the pro gun ban group has been proposing. There was one about being required to have your weapons secured in your home. That's common sense? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Depends on your situation at home. Personally, I want my guns loaded and within reach. Its my house. Its my right. Anybody that thinks they need to tell me what to do while I'm at home and not hurting anyone else in any way can go straight to hell.

Its different when you have small kids in the house. I get that. The last thing I would have ever done is leave a loaded weapon where a small child could get ahold of it. I DIDN'T NEED ANYONE TO PASS A LAW TO TELL ME THAT.

jefalatho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Excuse me mister violent felon, will you kindly wait until I go to the other room, unlock the gun safe. and load my gun? What do you think happens next in that scenario?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    House locked. Guns Locked away...
    At home. Guns loaded and at the ready, and close enough to UN-safety and persuade.
    Children trained to understand a threat versus a curious friend... and never in the range for an accident.
    Wherever I am, my furry arms follow.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If I owned any firearms (last time I try to make a home made submarine), I would have them locked in a gun cabinet, but lately been thinking about that. Would I have enough time to unlock my cabinet, load and all that. If I owned any, I might be tempted to have at least a magazine loaded ready to go so all I had to do was drop the empty and load the full one.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The guns that I am not using are locked up, and the guns I have for defense is secured, either right besides my bed or in my holster. How I secure my guns is my business and no one else's

Ominius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've been considering a safe myself, as I'm starting to build my collection. I have nieces and nephews over every once in a while, but don't have kids around regularly. Plus it would give me some peace of mind to know my guns were safer if I was robbed while on vacation or something. Wouldn't have to lock up every gun when I was home, sleeping, etc.

Sure as heck isn't anyone's business to demand that anyone does that though!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The ones I don't plan on using go in the safe.
    The ones I may need to use are close enough to grab from anywhere in the house.
    THAT'S gun control. :D

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    House locked. Guns Locked away...
    At home. Guns loaded and at the ready, and close enough to UN-safety and persuade.
    Children trained to understand a threat versus a curious friend... and never in the range for an accident.
    Wherever I am, my furry arms follow.

All I got from this post is that you are a furry.

Am I the only one that did not understand what HenryWallace meant?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've been reading some of these so called "common sense" laws that the pro gun ban group has been proposing. There was one about being required to have your weapons secured in your home. That's common sense? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Depends on your situation at home. Personally, I want my guns loaded and within reach. Its my house. Its my right. Anybody that thinks they need to tell me what to do while I'm at home and not hurting anyone else in any way can go straight to hell.

Its different when you have small kids in the house. I get that. The last thing I would have ever done is leave a loaded weapon where a small child could get ahold of it. I DIDN'T NEED ANYONE TO PASS A LAW TO TELL ME THAT.

Mine is always secured in my holster.

Top Bottom