• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    So what do you fine folks think about the color options of guns available today?

The first gun not blued or stainless I purchased was a Sig Mosquito w/ Purple metallic frame
    for my daughter - her favorite color - she loves it and believe it or not it has performed
    absolutely flawless for 1500+ rounds

Next was a 1911 in FDE for my son (both "kids"....... are adults)

Ruger, S&W, Sig, EAA, Kahr (and MANY others) have several current offerings outside the standard black or stainless
    Pink, Purple, Robin Eggshell Blue, Burnt Bronze, FDE, OD Green, White, Gray, Harvest Moon Orange, and on and on and on
    not to mention the custom painters

so - what's too much (yes there is too much)- or just enough

Dan T

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    I personally like a very small amount of color on my guns. Things like color fill, grips, or even certain colored laminated stocks.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm all for it. People should be able to have what they want. Also, if it takes a different color gun to get someone more interested, like a woman or child, then it's a great thing.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I'm all for it. People should be able to have what they want. Also, if it takes a different color gun to get someone more interested, like a woman or child, then it's a great thing.

I prefer the traditional finishes (or black polymer). However, as noted above if it introduces new people to shooting or if you just prefer a more colorful firearm then find what you like. :yesway:

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I hate "bling" when it comes to firearms. I love SS revolvers but everything else needs to be blued or black matte.

To each their own.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm not a fan of the bright blues, pinks, greens, ect. I am however, a huge fan of things in FDE, dark bronze, OD, ect. With that being said, buy what you want for your own guns, just don't be upset when other people have an opinion different than yours.

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    My 10 year work anniversary gift to myself. It just looked right.

524DEB4A-0787-47F6-BF23-C5868D853B0A_zps5refv3o1.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Anything that gets people into guns I am a fan of.. I myself am a little plain, but I have a buddy who does Cerakote, so it's only a matter of time before I have something done!

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    More options is better! I like a subdued look, but who am I to judge others' taste? I hate that hideous "burnt orange" color on cars that everyone had a boner for.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If it ain't blue, with a wood stock and a lever, then it ain't a real gun!!!

I have one pistol in burnt bronze and another pistol in FDE. NP3 finish on 1 AR and FDE furniture on another, working on stealth gray for another. Just had too many all black guns in the herd really.

I like some color, but others.....meh..don't like em, but doesn't mean I have to buy them either.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My 10 year work anniversary gift to myself. It just looked right.

524DEB4A-0787-47F6-BF23-C5868D853B0A_zps5refv3o1.jpg

Very nice! I had an M&P VTAC 9mm in FDE that I really liked the looks of. I had to sell it off to afford a vacation with my son, but I still like certain FDE weapons. To each their own. If whatever color makes you happy, more power to ya.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know it's not rational, but I prefer stainless or black/blued personally. I don't know why, but I just can't wrap my head around the other colors. Even though I know it has nothing to do with functionality, for some reason the other colors just don't seem "real" to me. Like I said, not rational, just a psychological thing I guess.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I do not mind some color, as long as It is not my gun. Blue or black for me. My wife has a 380 that is pink but that is her's.

My buddy does water graphics and posted this the other day, sorry but that needs to be thrown in the river.
    ScreenShot2014-12-16at61635AM_zpsb7e9f4e9.png
    [/URL][/IMG]

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Personally I'm not a fan of bright colors on my carry firearms, but I don't think it matters on a "fun" gun.

I do not mind some color, as long as It is not my gun. Blue or black for me. My wife has a 380 that is pink but that is her's.

My buddy does water graphics and posted this the other day, sorry but that needs to be thrown in the river.

That is wretched...

Top Bottom