guns shows are they worth going to, or a waste of time?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    I can't decide if I'm going or not. I enjoy seeing all the guns but I get furious when a guy is asking double for ammo then when I ask him if he would come down a little he says he can't. That's B.S. That would be like me ( construction worker ) going to Staten Island and raising my prices just because I know they need the work done.

tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Since we live in a Capitalistic society, a "good deal" is based on current supply & demand. We have to accept the fact the all prices are up right now compared to a year ago. I enjoy every gun show i attend because i go expecting an experience. For me, there are not many places where I can encounter soooo many colorful personalities in a fun safe place.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Gun shows are a waste of time if you go alone. Can be great fun if you take someone to talk about the crazy prices.

want to see crazy prices? look at gunbroker, just saw 1,000 roundsof 22lr cci blazer for $180.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    The gun shows are good to go to but mostly to buy the stuff you need form private parties that are selling there stuff.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I think that until the hype is over, and things get back to a somewhat "normal" market, you are only getting a good laugh out of it. that is unless you just have some extra money lying around that you don't know what to do with. I have been to 3 shows since the 1500, again, it was nothing but a good laugh. the only purchase ive made at them were 2 pocket knives, and 4 throwing knives. I thought I could waste some time learning to use them. im done going for a while. I want to buy, not just look. just my 2 cents.

Pierce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    I usually check pricing at several vendors for whatever I'm wanting & just enjoy the show. Usually see a lot of different stuff in one place & spend more than I should.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    the other night i had a dream that i bought a taurus judge, it was the matte silver finish and glossy wood grips (no press checkering). if i find one like that there im going to have to jump on it.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    it looked like this
    public%20defender%20wood%20001.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I've been going to regional gunshows instead of the Indy 1500. The crowds are smaller which I appreciate. I went to the Shipshewana show last weekend. It was small but worth the trip.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's a Hunt'n trip!

I look at a Gun Show as a "Show" just like going to the Movies. I enjoy talking to some of the vendors that I have gotten to know since I went on a regular basis when I did my political volunteering. I got to shop B 4 you all did! But if you HUNT you can find a deal or two. And I just plain like looking at the old stuff like you would normally see in a museum. and of course if you are savvy you can take advantage of the non existent Loop hole and buy from fellow gun owner who may want to sell something in their collection.

Top Bottom