• ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Old savage single barrel twenty my dad bought for me as my first shotgun and Benelli Montefeltro 12 guage my dad bought for me as a gift.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    When I turned 18, my uncle gave me my Grandpa's 1913 Colt M1911. He had left the gun for me when he passed away in 2001, but I was only in the second grade at the time. When i was 18, my uncle passed it down to me. It was my Grandpa's WWII service weapon. The gun was also used in WWI. So this gun was used in both World Wars, and then my Grandpa used it throughout his whole life. I don't think I will ever own a move special gun.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My special gun is grandpa's S&W K-22 (1952 vintage as indicated by serial number) that he carried on our adventures off the beaten path.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    This story is only 4 years old, which is when my brother retired from the Air Force. My brother entered the AF at a very young age and his first three years he spent most of his time out alone in the field and immediately became a part of the Gulf War. Every so often he would call me to make small chat. He even called me during the war a bit scared with fear, and sometimes he would say how tired he was. Nonetheless he said thats where he wanted to be and if anything happened not to worry. In short I encouraged my brother, and during those years we shared a few tears. A week or so after be retired we had a little welcome home, dinner. While were cooking and drinking beer he pulls out a box and says, " here's a gift for always being there." My brother remembered and said thanks for the talks. To my suprise it was a brand new XD .40 one for me and one for himself. Thats scared little kid also become a crew member of a B52. Later a Crew Chief of B52, B1, A117 B2...and spent his latter years instructing and as an interpritor. My brother said the Air Force was more than he ever thought it would be never thinking he would see combat on the ground and in the air he saw and took part in it all.

shanksinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    My dad is not into guns and never owned one till one day he saw a henry commercial on tv. He looked at me and asked if the henry guns were any good, I told him yes made a few calls found a big boy 44mag in stock. The next day we went on a road trip with dad not knowing what the trip was for. We pulled into the gun shop we walked in I point out that they have the henry that he wants. While he is looking at it I tell him that it's his. Dad about teared up because he could not afford it and knew he would never own one . He was like a kid that just got a new bike. After we got back and shot a few rounds I ask dad that the only thing I wanted from him was to leave the henry to my son when when he passes. My dad and I don't see very many things the same way but I know that he was on cloud 9 for about 3-4 months because that's all he talked was the henry. Over the last 20 years that is the most bonding we have done was the drive to the gun shop and shooting the gun. I hope that my son understands the meaning of the henry when he gets it.

Wow, that's an awesome story. :)

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    This story is only 4 years old, which is when my brother retired from the Air Force. My brother entered the AF at a very young age and his first three years he spent most of his time out alone in the field and immediately became a part of the Gulf War. Every so often he would call me to make small chat. He even called me during the war a bit scared with fear, and sometimes he would say how tired he was. Nonetheless he said thats where he wanted to be and if anything happened not to worry. In short I encouraged my brother, and during those years we shared a few tears. A week or so after be retired we had a little welcome home, dinner. While were cooking and drinking beer he pulls out a box and says, " here's a gift for always being there." My brother remembered and said thanks for the talks. To my suprise it was a brand new XD .40 one for me and one for himself. Thats scared little kid also become a crew member of a B52. Later a Crew Chief of B52, B1, A117 B2...and spent his latter years instructing and as an interpritor. My brother said the Air Force was more than he ever thought it would be never thinking he would see combat on the ground and in the air he saw and took part in it all.

To me, that pistol would be priceless. Im glad to hear he made it back and continued to support the Air Force. My Grandpa was a pilot for the Air Force in WWII, He was the copilot on "OMAHA ONE MORE TIME" B-29 "Flying Fortress". All my grandfathers guns are valueable to me.

birdhunter55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Clarksburg, Indiana
    22 single shot Stevens that belonged to my Grandmother. When I was in the 1st and 2nd grade, I would get off the School bus at her house in the fall, grab that rifle and walk the woods of her farm squirrel hunting. When I would finish, she would come out of the house and we would clean the squirrels together. Not much of a prize for a collector, but one that I will be handed down to my oldest grandson one day. Image what the bleeding hearts would think today of a 1st or 2nd grader hunting on his own with a real gun!

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have a Springfield Trapdoor and Krag-Jorgensen passed down from my great-great grandfather. From what my grandfather told me when I was little, his grandfather was allowed to keep them when they were phased out and the Krag was actually fired in anger during the Spanish-American war. I was sure my cousin (who carries the family name) would get the family rifles but I guess being the family gun-nut has its perks!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    First I read all these stories. Seems like there is a story behind most of the guns my dad left me. Here's my favorites.

The Winchester Md 61 Dad said "this gun shoots better than you can shoot it." He took my mom out to shoot rats at the dump and she out shot him, so that was her gun after that.

The Colt Buntline 9 1/2 barreled .22, Dad went up to Canada to go fishing. The guide was allowed to take moose out of season because of where he lived or was in RAF, something like that. so their going down the river and a small moose is getting a drink and the guide says I forgot my gun and Dad says I can take him so rested the barrel on the bow of the boat and shot the moose in the eye with that Colt. Everybody I have talked to over years said Dad was an amazing shot, so I believe it.

Lastly my EKS, Emil Kerner & Sohn, 16ga double barrel shotgun that my uncle brought back from Germany in WWII. Beyond the stories and it's history I've worn that gun out hunting in younger days because it handled like no other. If there was a rabbit come up, it was a dead rabbit, only missed a few when starting out hunting.

Merry Christmas

ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I just lost my brother-in-law 5 days ago. He was more of a brother. My recent post brought many prayers and words of support. I am now getting his treasured 30-06 Springfield rifle. He started me into guns over 35 years ago. Now I have something to remind me of that relationship for the rest of my life, and his legacy and love of guns will pass down through the family for years to come.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have sold too many guns that have a special meaning to me. Glad I kept this one.

Just built it this year, but the upper holds a very special place in my heart. It saved my life in Iraq. As I was training up for my last deployment, we inherited our M4s from a unit returning from deployment. They were in horrible shape, broken parts, rust... We all complained about it, myself included. (I know, not a good thing to have the troops hearing an NCO *****) To my surprise, one of the people I had vented to, my mother, ordered me an Arms Tech 9.5" Compak 16 upper I had been lusting over. (God bless her) I got approval of my CO to bring my own upper to mount on my M4. You still almost never get approval to bring a privately owned firearm, but this was just a "part" as I convinced him. I think the fact that is had been bought by a soldiers mother helped to sway his mind. (This was to be my 3rd combat deployment, and a mother was concerned for her son.)

This upper accounted for 6 of the enemy, being aimed by the EoTech. (very fast on target for a right hander with left eye dominance) I added a GG&G rail system and sights to it during the deployment. (ordered on the interwebs from MWR) Bad part was I got permission to bring it to Iraq, but getting it back home was a nightmare. I had to ship it home in the conex with the arms room crap. It was confiscated, and took me 6 months to get clearance to come pick it up. They had it at Stout Field. After getting it home I put the rail system foregrip and sights on an AR I built for my son. He loves the fact that I had used these parts in Iraq. I put the uppers original Vortec flash suppressor on my 16" and built the upper into a pistol. Fun as it was, the pistol was not practical. Took 8 months to get my stamp, but I was finally able to put it together as a SBR. I wanted to duplicate the weapon I had carried into combat, but my boy didn't want to give up his parts, so I put a POF rail on it then added the KX3 and Troy tritium night sights. The upper, and barrel remains original. Of all my firearms, this is the one they will get only after they "pry it from my cold dead hands". Complicated part will be figuring how to pass it on to my son... I should have went with a trust.

Here it is in it's original form on my M4 lower complete with Beta C-mag and Surefire light. The weapon functioned flawlessly in theater, and continues to so far at home.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My Tokarev TT-33 pistol is my one "War Trophy" from my visit to RVN over 50 years ago. No great war stories, I bought the gun for $25 in MPC from our houseboy at Bien Hoa just before I left. I just stuck it in my duffle bag with all my clothing. No one seemed to care enough to ask, or search my bag when we arrived in Hawaii....Flying Tigers Airline Lockheed Constellation. Anyway It was made in the USSR in 1940, then took 22 years to find it's way to me in Saigon. I would love to be able to trace it's path for those years, but that is lost in the fog of history.

12359.jpg

Thank you for your service brother.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    My 4 inch Security Six was given to me by my grandfather, my six inch was a 21st birthday present from my Mom. She also bought me my first carry pistol, my XDM 40. those 3 and the Smith 66 she helped me buy myself for Christmas this year have a special place in my heart.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Lakeside side by side 12ga dual triggers and hammers. It was my Grandfathers then my Dads now I have it and it will be staying in the family as long as I can help it.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I have sold too many guns that have a special meaning to me. Glad I kept this one.

Just built it this year, but the upper holds a very special place in my heart. It saved my life in Iraq. As I was training up for my last deployment, we inherited our M4s from a unit returning from deployment. They were in horrible shape, broken parts, rust... We all complained about it, myself included. (I know, not a good thing to have the troops hearing an NCO *****) To my surprise, one of the people I had vented to, my mother, ordered me an Arms Tech 9.5" Compak 16 upper I had been lusting over. (God bless her) I got approval of my CO to bring my own upper to mount on my M4. You still almost never get approval to bring a privately owned firearm, but this was just a "part" as I convinced him. I think the fact that is had been bought by a soldiers mother helped to sway his mind. (This was to be my 3rd combat deployment, and a mother was concerned for her son.)

This upper accounted for 6 of the enemy, being aimed by the EoTech. (very fast on target for a right hander with left eye dominance) I added a GG&G rail system and sights to it during the deployment. (ordered on the interwebs from MWR) Bad part was I got permission to bring it to Iraq, but getting it back home was a nightmare. I had to ship it home in the conex with the arms room crap. It was confiscated, and took me 6 months to get clearance to come pick it up. They had it at Stout Field. After getting it home I put the rail system foregrip and sights on an AR I built for my son. He loves the fact that I had used these parts in Iraq. I put the uppers original Vortec flash suppressor on my 16" and built the upper into a pistol. Fun as it was, the pistol was not practical. Took 8 months to get my stamp, but I was finally able to put it together as a SBR. I wanted to duplicate the weapon I had carried into combat, but my boy didn't want to give up his parts, so I put a POF rail on it then added the KX3 and Troy tritium night sights. The upper, and barrel remains original. Of all my firearms, this is the one they will get only after they "pry it from my cold dead hands". Complicated part will be figuring how to pass it on to my son... I should have went with a trust.

Here it is in it's original form on my M4 lower complete with Beta C-mag and Surefire light. The weapon functioned flawlessly in theater, and continues to so far at home.

I'm glad you were able to make it home safely. Thats the really important thing. I appreciate the service you have given our country, Im glad you have a special story that your able to share with others. You may be able to take the upper of and put it in a pistol lower and give it to your son that way. Just a thought.

cl4p-tp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Kokomo
    My grandpa's 870 wingmaster that my grandma gave to me after my grandpa passed away. Nothing special to anybody but me, but I'll have that gun until the day I die

BACKLASH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    ECI
    I know a lot of people hate them but my dad and grand dad collected winchester Commemorative lever actions and they were on the wall of every house we grew up in. I now have them. We have the John Wayne, Theodore Roosevelt, Wells Fargo, Buffalo Bill and Crazy Horse.

Also the 1881 Martini Henry that i brought back from Afghanistan.... That one means the workd to me and its super cool!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    No, but my son will. :D

The Glock 26 that I was carrying in the delivery room the day he was born, and the AR lower I had engraved with his initials, birthdate and our family crest.

Top Bottom