Guns you’ve owned, that you’d never buy again (and why?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    -CZ70 .32 auto - fired full auto strings on occassion. ATF said I couldn't register it.
    -ORIGINAL AMT Backup .380 single action - DId not trust the safeties enough to carry 1 in tube.
    -AMT backup .45 double action - barrel lug broke, and when I called it in, they said "yeah, we've been having that problem". I had purchased it direct to my agency as an undercover gun and thought that MAYBE they should have let me know there was a problem. Never another AMT.
    - Grendel .380 - worst trigger in the world. Bought it from another cop in 1990, sold it a week later.
    - PPK - Mine was a beautiful stainless Interarms which functioned flawlwessly. Bought from another cop who needed $$. A classic whose time has passed due to muzzle flip, weight and controls. I moved over to a COLT Mustang Pocketlite and never looked back.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Ruger Mark III.

Need a mechanical engineering degree to disassemble and assemble, picky with ammo.

^^^ This. I still own it. I still shoot it. I still curse myself for shooting it everytime I go to clean it :dunno: (I still own it, cause my wife loves it--she never has to clean it) Is there a similarly priced .22 pistol that holds a group like a ruger? Have a sig mosquito but its no where close. :(

rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Taurus Model 941 22lr Revolver. My trigger finger is still sore 1 year later from the DA pull.
    Taurus PT140. Never shot decent groups no matter what I did or who shot it. And the mag would fall out when ever it felt like it.
    KelTec P11. Jammed constantly.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    ^^^ This. I still own it. I still shoot it. I still curse myself for shooting it everytime I go to clean it :dunno: (I still own it, cause my wife loves it--she never has to clean it) Is there a similarly priced .22 pistol that holds a group like a ruger? Have a sig mosquito but its no where close. :(

Browning Buckmark, S&W 22A and the Beretta Neos come to mind.

Or get one of these: Speed Strip Kit

I met the guy that owns this company at SHOT in 2009. Totally awesome guy and he showed me how one of these works. I do not have a Ruger Mark series pistol, but if I did, it would have one of these kits on it.

Last edited:

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    Funny thing about the S&W Sigma.

We had 3 of them in our family and we didn't care for their triggers either.

I took them to a gun show and walked around with a little sign and sold all three of them to different guys.

We lost a little money on each one, but not much.

:cool:

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Kel-Tec P3AT: great to conceal but too small for my hands. Had problem with FTF and FTE. I carried in my front pocket and occasionally the magazine would just pop out.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    H&K Red Lion Semi Automatic 12 gauge. Cost way more than a new 1187 Remington. Wouldn't feed shells new in the box. Remingtons (STS, Nitro, Game loads, Trap loads), Winchesters (AA lights, AA full load, hunting loads) , Sent back to H&K, waited a long time, got it back it worked exactly 5 times. Sent it back, waited a long time, never worked even one time after it came back. I never got compensated for all the shipping. The dealer felt bad and took it in trade for a new 1187 Remington. The Remington never misfeed. If I bought the Remington 1187 first, I would have saved enough money to buy a new 870 to hunt with also.

Typicalclinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    S&W Sigma 9mm. Bought it in 1995. It shot well and never had a problem except it ejected brass directly back at my face.:n00b: Nothing like hot brass sitting on your safety glasses while holding a loaded gun. Always had to wash my forehead off after every session. Don't know if newer generation sigmas do that.

jasonsromer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    MADISON
    TAURUS PT145 MILLENIUM PRO, after 1000 rounds I just couldnt get the feel for it , I think it was just a little to compact for me, also haad a problem accidently droping the mag during firing due to the extended mag release. Traded up for a S&W MP9. Ive been in love ever since.

Last edited:

Chrolle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Taurus PT140, will never buy again. Trigger pull... yuk.. nuff said.
    Not a fan of the S&W MP guns at all, will never buy again.
    Owned several Keltec guns, and I will never purchase any firearm from Keltec again.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    Pheonix Arms .22LR. Bought it as a little backup piece, but it constantly got casings jammed in the chamber, plus it had two safeties; slide and mag. Hunk of junk, but I made money selling it so it wasn't all bad.

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    I got a Stallard 9mm back in the 90s. I believe High Point took them over but I am not bashing High Point since I don't own one. That Stallard was the worst gun that I ever owned. It took a bench vise and 3 hands to field strip and clean. The best thing I can say about it is when my canoe overturned and the only thing I lost was that pos

Top Bottom