Guns you’ve owned, that you’d never buy again (and why?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Kel-Tec P3AT: Jam-o-matic, cheap, the poorly designed ejector that liked to disappear while cleaning... oh so frustrating. I bought it against my better judgment because it was the only game in town back then. I've since moved on to greener .380 pastures.

Kimber 1911's: I've owned two, and both were unreliable. Upon breaking them down and inspecting their innards... I was appalled with the poor quality of the parts and fitting. After dealing with Kimbers customer service department and their inability to make their own handguns run properly, I realized it was time to once again move on to greener pastures.

HK P30: This was a fluke, I'm sure... but I bought a P30 last year and couldn't wait to shoot it. I was considering using it for a summer carry (breaking away from the 1911 for a while). It couldn't make it through a magazine of any brand of factory ammo without at least one FTF per magazine. The dealer took it back and gave me credit to another purchase. But this really soured me on the newer HK pistols. I've since decided that I'm sticking with 1911's for carry... no need to rock the boat.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Ruger Mk3 22/45- It is actually very serviceable now, but it took way too much time/work to get it there. List of problems:
    • Bad bolt from the factory. I didn't know why at first, but could never get through an entire magazine without at least one FTE/FTF. It turned out that the very nice looking hole at the bottom of the bolt wasn't supposed to be there! Sent a picture to Ruger and they did replace it promptly.
    • Notoriously horrible dis/reassembly procedure. Tilt it forward and check hammer position for step 1, tilt back for step 2, level for step 3, yada, yada. Inserting the mainspring assembly literally took hours the first time. It has worn in over time and is much easier to work with now, but the time when you are least experienced is when it is also the hardest to work through.
    • Too many internal safeties added to the Mk3 series. Ended up removing the magazine safety.
    I still have that gun. Shoots fine now, but I can't bring myself to mention it when anyone asks for .22 recommendations.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hi-Point C-9mm was my nightmare. I named it FTF since that all it did. Also, the thing felt like a brick. My buddy loves them, but my experience wasn't pleasant, at all.

mlang2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Para-Ordnance P10...I don't know if I ever got a full magazine to fire through that thing without a jam!

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I had an EAA Windicator 38/357 and that thing was pretty painful to shoot. It's also relatively heavy for a 2" revolver. May be a dream gun for someone else but I put about 300 painful rounds through it and traded it away.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Full-size Uzi pistol... yes it looks cool with the short barrel but not practical can't even easily SBR it. So just get a Uzi Carbine instead

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Glock 23. Mine jammed every 50 rounds or so, and I've since heard of others with issues, including police departments. That was years ago, one of the early ones. I've since learned about other issues, like the unsupported chamber, the overly loose chamber, and the recommendations against cast bullets, that have caused me to dislike it even more. I don't think it's near the gun the 19 is.

I don't think my S&W 1076 ever got through a mag without jamming. Illogically, though, I'd buy another today if I had the spare money in hopes it would actually work. I loved this gun, when it worked.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Tec-22. Cool idea for a gun and it even used 10/22 mags. On the very first trigger pull I got a three-round burst. Then it jammed. Then it went full-auto. Then it jammed. After much ammo experimentation and trying various mags, it finally and fatally failed to fire.

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Taurus PT22 with the nifty flip up barrel. I managed to break the firing pin. They did repair it as expected and it worked fine right up to the point I traded it. I blame my self - I knew it was questionable but bought it anyway. Lesson learned.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Some chinese made 12ga shotgun that was a rip off of an 870. Weird thing was that it didn't have a ejection port on the side. The empties came out the bottom, or at least they were supposted to. Jammed after every shot.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Some chinese made 12ga shotgun that was a rip off of an 870. Weird thing was that it didn't have a ejection port on the side. The empties came out the bottom, or at least they were supposted to. Jammed after every shot.
    It sounds like an Ithica Model 37 copy. :)

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Romanian PSL. I knew it wasn't all that accurate, but after a few months, I realized that it is a turd. The scope never held zero, barrel heats up in no time. Only pros going for it was cheap ammo. I bought cases of the fabled 7N1 ammo that supposedly shot decent in it...I was wrong about that too. I bought it to plink with, and have fun. All it did was stress me out trying to keep it on zero after every range trip One of my buddies bought the same thing and sent it packing because of the same reasons. So either we got the turds of the batch or it just wasn't for me

Top Bottom