Guns you’ve owned, that you’d never buy again (and why?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Ruger 10/22, constantly jammed. Tried different ammo, different magazine, hand cleaned each round, still jammed. Sold it and got a Winchester 9422 just before they stopped making them. Great coon terminator,

Remington 597, beautiful rifle, same jamming issues as above.

PPK/S, got rid of it after shooting one box of ammo, sharp edges kept biting my hand.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    ruger lcp

- had it in my pocket , snagged on my keys and grazzed myself on my thight. nah, not really just way to much work and time to make it accurate.

taurus 357cia

- after shooting 2 cylinders of 38spl you had to clean it because the 38 spl would get pushed back from carbon and not allow cylinder to rotate (dumped that one in the classifieds)

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    3rd gen glock 22.

Felt good until I shot it. Didn't like the grip angle, and in 40 seemed too snappy for me.

I tried a gen 4 glock 17, feels much better.

Another one was the Taurus PT138 pro, it ran reliable but it was too big for what it was almost as big as the PT111 and in .380 just not enough punch to make it worth it, plus the sights were hard to get used to.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Had a Llama 9mm 1911 clone about 20 years ago. Plunger tube was made of plastic and broke almost immediately. Thing was a jam-o-matic and would slice the heck out of your hands when field stripping it. Parted with it at a pawn shop not long after I bought it.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I made the mistake of trading a Sig 226 for a Sig 239 and and a bunch of ammo a while ago. I honestly hated the damn thing. It's a weird size, somewhere between a mid size and smaller, but in a place that just makes it awkward. And for some reason Sig decided to make the front strap flat, which rubs my hand the wrong way.

I just hated that gun.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Had a titanium snubbie Taurus .44 special.

First trip to the range:
    bang, click, click, click, bang
    click, bang, bang, click, click

Sent back to Taurus.

Once I got it back I went back to the range:
    bang, bang, bang, bang, click
    click, click, bang, bang, bang

This went on and on with different kinds of factory ammo.

I'll never forgive Taurus for making a gun that was such a pleasure to carry but such a piece of crap.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    WOW, this post means to me exactly what it cost. ALL my XDs were made in CROATIA and are pretty clearly marked that way. I really don't think you've ever even held one much less owned one. Sounds more like anecdotal BS passed down 3 times twice removed to me. Also, I don't think I've ever even HEARD of any sort of AD from a gun with both backstrap safety AND trigger safety. The odds of that are worse than the odds of hitting powerball twice in a row. The fragging thing sounds more like poorly cast bullets from your buddies friends basement, would you mind linking some proof or studies or something? Seriously, show me these "water tests" and then explain why one would shoot at water or why it would matter.

Ok, I was under the impression the design was purchase by springfield from brazil, perhaps I didn't do research but regardless. The point is, the test with the water jugs was for expansion of protection ammo. The 40 cartridge worried me.
    The ad did occur, which shocked the hell out of me I will add. Idk what caused it, but very odd.

Obviously this touched off a nerve with you, so why don't you look at the thread topic instead of attacking other members for not agreeing with you

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Obviously this touched off a nerve with you, so why don't you look at the thread topic instead of attacking other members for not agreeing with you
    No, the fact that you don't like the XD doesn't bother me a bit. I'm just calling BS. I suppose the federal gov and all it's alphabet agencies just didn't see those tests of the .40? Additionally, caliber is not the topic of the thread, firearm is.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    A S&W Body Guard .380. Liked the looks of it, felt good in my hand compared to the LCP. After 5-10 rounds the trigger would not reset. Sent it back to S&W to be repaired. Received the pistol back, ASSUMED it was repaired, wrong.:xmad: Trigger still would not reset. Finally it began to reset MOST of the time after another 50+ rounds.

I found a website especially for the BG .380, and after reading all the problems S&W was having with the pistol I decided to was time to part ways with it. Traded it for a Ruger MkIII.:yesway:

Terribill12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Kahr CW40

Kahr CW40
    I liked the trigger action but it consistently failed to return to battery. It was my primary carry so I was not confident in the reliability. Traded it for a Glock 27. Best move I ever made.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    My sw 686 has about the sweetest trigger I have ever had
    Mine is a pre lock frame and if I get another I would get a used pre lock rather than get a brand new one

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    No, the fact that you don't like the XD doesn't bother me a bit. I'm just calling BS. I suppose the federal gov and all it's alphabet agencies just didn't see those tests of the .40? Additionally, caliber is not the topic of the thread, firearm is.

lol, btw...it wasn't cast bullets, it was hydrashoks.....

the govt never chooses anything because its best, they get whats almost always cheapest....anyone should know that:rolleyes:

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Brazilian?

While the XD line is made in Croatia, I know at least the 1911's are manufactured in Brazil and then either machined and assembled in Brazil or their Illinois location. I guess the reputation they got from that led him to assume that they are all manufactured there.

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Para Ordnance P10 and Keltec 380, both of which would not feed factory ball ammo out of the box. Have had good Keltecs, but QC is too iffy.

Top Bottom