• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you work in a gunshop, does that automatically make you and everyone else that works there a FFL dealer?

Reason why I ask is because yesterday my uncle called his local gunshop to have some trigger kit installed in his pistol. The guy (wasn't the owner) told him he can, but he'd have to keep it overnight, because his tools are at home and he doesn't like using the glass case as a work bench.

I thought you had to have a FFL to be able to work on guns overnight like that?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you work in a gunshop, does that automatically make you and everyone else that works there a FFL dealer?

Reason why I ask is because yesterday my uncle called his local gunshop to have some trigger kit installed in his pistol. The guy (wasn't the owner) told him he can, but he'd have to keep it overnight, because his tools are at home and he doesn't like using the glass case as a work bench.

I thought you had to have a FFL to be able to work on guns overnight like that?

Typically, the "FFL" is just the individual owner of the shop, or the trust / corporation that the paperwork is done in. (Not sure if FFL paperwork can be in the name of a trust or a corp, though)

Sounds to me like this feller doesn't know the rulez.

Of course, if you're just working on a gun "for a buddy", then on FFL needed.

-J-

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Yes, if the gun leaves the shop with an employee who will be keeping the gun overnight, or doing work for profit, then that employee needs to have his own FFL and the gun transfered from FFL to FFL and back accordingly.

Top Bottom