• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You are probably on the right path. If Trump had done the work, the bolt would have been gold plated and then Trump would have failed to pay the plater.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok....I have finally figured it out. This was done completely intentionally! Due to the new legislation he doesn't want to have to be listed as a manufacturer! All he has to do is go back through pictures of his work and say "Seeee there is NO WAY IN HELL I could ever build a gun!"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm wondering if the Butcher ... I mean un-named 'Gunsmith' ... is family. That would explain how he got his hands on it in the first place (wife's sisters husband is a' gunsmith' or some such) without a recommendation (I'm assuming he doesn't have very many satisfied customers) and explain the reluctance to out the 'smith' (as in sleeping on the couch for a long time)

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I don't blame the OP for not saying who messed up his gun. You never know when what you say about someone is gonna come back and bite you. Maybe the Op knows when to leave well enough alone and just needed a place to vent his frustration. Either way he went, he is getting bashed for not identifying the smith and if he did he would get bashed by those who have used the guy and love him.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I don't blame the OP for not saying who messed up his gun. You never know when what you say about someone is gonna come back and bite you. Maybe the Op knows when to leave well enough alone and just needed a place to vent his frustration. Either way he went, he is getting bashed for not identifying the smith and if he did he would get bashed by those who have used the guy and love him.

This. All of this.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If I used a guy and he did good work for me and I knew about shoddy work such as this done by the same guy I would have no problem calling it out for what it is. Especially if he returned a firearm back to a customer that was potentially unsafe to operate. That's my biggest issue with this whole thing.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    If I used a guy and he did good work for me and I knew about shoddy work such as this done by the same guy I would have no problem calling it out for what it is. Especially if he returned a firearm back to a customer that was potentially unsafe to operate. That's my biggest issue with this whole thing.

Exactly.

Good work & customer service should be rewarded. Poor work and bad customer service should not. A business that does a hack job such as this then deliberately returns an unsafe product for someone to take home to their family NEEDS to be criticized and ridiculed.

OP can do as he pleases. I still think it's selfish not to name the butcher that did this work. Who cares if a few members want to criticize him for outing the shop. By letting us know which shop to avoid he very well may save the eyesight of someones kid.
    But hey, I guess that's not as important as not being criticized.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Exactly.

Good work & customer service should be rewarded. Poor work and bad customer service should not. A business that does a hack job such as this then deliberately returns an unsafe product for someone to take home to their family NEEDS to be criticized and ridiculed.

OP can do as he pleases. I still think it's selfish not to name the butcher that did this work. Who cares if a few members want to criticize him for outing the shop. By letting us know which shop to avoid he very well may save the eyesight of someones kid.
    But hey, I guess that's not as important as not being criticized.

What The Angry Rooster said↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    That's why we read reviews. We get to see the good AND the bad. Then an informed person can make their decision to give the business a try or not.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Really? Have you looked at the pictures? I don't think this is a realistic worry

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County

:poop:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a guy.
    What I can not do for myself I have him do.
    As long as he is doing this I will be part of his clientele.

Find someone you know and trust.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Wanted to post some groups but just got back from Toronto and... it's raining.
    So, thank you, Brett Havlin. You're an artist as well as a gunsmith.
    Not only have the repairs and the scope mounting been performed but and the bolt handle looks like it was designed that way.
    Again, my thanks. And my next project as soon as I get my stuff together.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Not only have the repairs and the scope mounting been performed but and the bolt handle looks like it was designed that way.

Glad I could help

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I'm glad you got it back to the quality it deserves. I know of 2 gunsmiths that are basically parts changers and I'll use them when needed. I know them well and will use them according to their skills.
    I wouldn't trust them to do the work you wanted done.

Top Bottom