• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    Stopped by today to use the range..... Saw this sign at the front door!

568ce0974025954f690acd3803321378.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    As a first post nonetheless...but hey, it's relevant to hoosierbiker today I suppose. More information as to why it's relevant today might be helpful.

And hey, if all those old posts aren't supposed to be resurrected by a weird moon or new virus shouldn't we just drive a stake through their hearts to make sure? :D

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I stop in there every so often. We have only bought one gun there, but I do know a few who feel they get good deals there. It may just be a matter of being there at the right time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Same here mom, I've heard and saw some of the guns bought there, some were pretty good deals

We picked up a nice Springfield 9mm that is the same size as my .45 ultra compact. Hubby likes it too much and won't let me have it. :):

I've never seen one like it anywhere else, and it was a good deal. I think they had just taken it in on a trade so we just happened to pop in at the right time. When I bought my .38 we stopped there first before going to Midwest. Midwest had a good sale going. Otherwise, they would have been about the same price but a lot closer to home since I drive by there several times a week.

hoosierbiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2017
    south bend
    Bought a Sante Fe 1903a3 there on Saturday. Apparently I can't shoot it and Ross Devine at Guntown says it clearly states on the bottom of my sales receipt that "all sales are final". Anybody need an $800.00 paperweight?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Bought a Sante Fe 1903a3 there on Saturday. Apparently I can't shoot it and Ross Devine at Guntown says it clearly states on the bottom of my sales receipt that "all sales are final". Anybody need an $800.00 paperweight?

Had to look up a Sante Fe 1903A3. CMP says to avoid shooting because of bad cast receivers. Also states Old West Scrounger has (had) receivers for sale, that you can build on with your parts.
    Now on to the actual gun. You wanted a 1903 and didn't do your homework so its the gun stores fault?

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Stopped in a few days ago and noticed all new price tags on their guns which seem to be more competitive. It's a nice LGS, nice guys with good honest advice. They have a nice selection and some good used items from time to time but ammo is still higher priced. Sure wish their range was rifle capable though.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Hmmm...maybe I should stop by again. I've bought guns there in the past though some have had issues they were sold a "I don't know anything about it" so buyer beware. Also, I was able to resolve all the issues myself and they ended up being good deals. YMMV.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Had to look up a Sante Fe 1903A3. CMP says to avoid shooting because of bad cast receivers. Also states Old West Scrounger has (had) receivers for sale, that you can build on with your parts.
    Now on to the actual gun. You wanted a 1903 and didn't do your homework so its the gun stores fault?

If they sold it as a shooter and it is not, especially if they knew it, I'd have a problem with that.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If they sold it as a shooter and it is not, especially if they knew it, I'd have a problem with that.

I'm not sure their knowledge runs that deep...I pointed out to them that a Chilean Mauser they had advertised as 8mm was really a 7x57 and would not shoot 8mm ammo. They looked at me like I'd suddenly sprouted strange appendages and no one made an effort to either check or change the tag.

Top Bottom