Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Good news. Keep chipping away bit by bit and eventually that tree will fall. :yesway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Say goodbye to the Chicago gun range ban! Alan Gura and SAF got the ruling they wanted and Chicago has no choice but to lift their ban on gun ranges in the city. (Well, they can try and ban them again, but it won't go well with them in the courts). Kudos to SAF and Mr. Gura for continuing the fight against the Chicago machine!

BREAKING: Bellevue v. Chicago; SAF wins injunction v. gun range ban - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Don't worry the new mayor will find a way to work around it.

They'll find a way to throw so much red tape in the process that nobody wants to open one.

GOOD!!! Then perhaps we will get some investors to buy the old Griffith Gold Course make an outdoor range, convention center and bus all those city folks to that area so we can "train" them. It's a good $$$ plan I tell you. :D

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Great news for Chicago. Now Illinois needs to abolish the FOID card, pass concealed carry, and a preemption law... It might happen one day.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They'll find a way to throw so much red tape in the process that nobody wants to open one.
    As they said in the article:
    "Even Chicago politicians must respect the people's fundamental civil rights. We will now get rid of the revised range ban, and the range ban that will follow it, and if there's another range ban, we'll get rid of that, too, time and again, until Chicago becomes a normal part of America. Gun rights are coming to Chicago. The only question is how much the city's intransigence will cost taxpayers along the way."

Eventually there will be enough rulings and lawsuits that it becomes untenable for them to even think about disallowing a range or impeding gun ownership. Thank goodness we have the SAF and Alan Gura. Other organisations would just let it slide.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    From the article Kirk posted:
    "There are a lot of stringent requirements; you can't have an outdoor range, you can't have a portable range," said Alderman Jim Balcer, the Council's public safety committee chairman. "There has to be a building requirement met. There has to be zoning requirements, environmental requirements, so there are a lot of restrictions."
    And here's the next lawsuit, ready to be teed up.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While I can't wait for Chicago to return to the Constitution of The United States of America, the idea of indoor ranges seems silly since on virtually any street at virtually any time of the day you can hear gunfire.

With the amount of violent crime in that blasted poor excuse for an American city, you can pretty much take a handgun out at any time after sundown and blast away.

And I am not purple as I am just a little sarcastic as I have a friend that was lucky to survive a shooting on one of the streets inside one of the many college campuses of that "gun-free" city.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    NYC is too powerful and too wealthy.

No, we need Chicago. Chicago is in the Seventh and more importantly it is half the size of NYC and much more crazy anti-gun.

To use Guderian's model with Chicago being Moscow, once we take Chicago, the other cities will shrivel and die.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    With the amount of violent crime in that blasted poor excuse for an American city, you can pretty much take a handgun out at any time after sundown and blast away.

Hey, now.:D

Depends on the neighborhood. When I lived on the Gold Coast if you blasted away you might wake a yuppie or Oprah. When I lived in the Loop, your blasting would have awakened a slumbering CPD (they used to park in our apartment garage and sleep through a shift).

kasommer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    The ruling spelled out (to quote Volokh) "The right to practice with firearms is an important ancillary to the core of the Second Amendment right, so Chicago’s ban on firing ranges is subject to not-quite-strict scrutiny."

I have this question, since the 7th Court of Appeals has jurisdiction over Indiana, what can be done to defeat Bloomington/Monroe Country's ban on public gun ranges?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The ruling spelled out (to quote Volokh) "The right to practice with firearms is an important ancillary to the core of the Second Amendment right, so Chicago’s ban on firing ranges is subject to not-quite-strict scrutiny."

I have this question, since the 7th Court of Appeals has jurisdiction over Indiana, what can be done to defeat Bloomington/Monroe Country's ban on public gun ranges?

Bloomington has a ban on public gun ranges? Since when?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I believe it was done in SEA 292 in the last legislative session. Now you just need to find someone who wants to open one. :)

Oh, and :welcome: to :ingo:! :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom