• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You know what, OP? Put the gun back in your safe or sell it/trade it at your local gun shop. If you won't sell to someone who is legal age, has his LTCH and is a site supporter, who are you going to sell it to? If you think you can know what a buyer will do with a firearm, even a buyer that you know personally, then you are kidding yourself.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've never sold any firearm that I did'nt leave without a clear conscience afterwards. I'm not in the business of dealing in illegal personal transactions of any kind.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I've never sold any firearm that I did'nt leave without a clear conscience afterwards. I'm not in the business of dealing in illegal personal transactions of any kind.

There is nothing illegal about selling a firearm to someone if you have no reason to believe that the buyer is not a proper person.

Don't worry, though. Nancy Pelosi will be along shortly to introduce legislation to make private sales of firearms illegal, and half of INGO will send her a Thank You card for easing their minds.

edg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    1 o'clock on the 465 dial
    I certainly disagree with those who would not sell any legal firearm to an 18 year old! I follow the law regarding firearms to the LETTER. I would not sell to anyone I had reasonable cause to believe they were not legal to possess a firearm. However it is perfectly legal to sell any legal firearm to any resident of Indiana that is 18 years of age. The ONLY information I would want when selling a firearm is on a persons driver license and or ID card - AGE and PROOF of Indiana residency!

Why in the Hexx would I or anyone here want to discourage any young man or lady from participating in gun ownership / sport shooting / self protection / hunting? It appears there are several here that fears doing something that will get them in trouble - but as I have posted here several times the laws (both Federal and State) cannot hold you responsible for ANYTHING that a firearm is used for illegally after you sell to someone you do not KNOW or have REASONABLE DOUBT are illegal to possess firearms. You have NO DUTY to investigate a person ~ in fact the Federal Government does not allow you to directly run a background check.

I agree and am familiar with law. Just the first time selling to someone that age. I’ll meet, check LTCH and DL.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Age, experience maybe? Wants to maybe meet today.

That's the nice thing about interacting & participating on the forum a lot before you buy. you get an idea who you're dealing with through conversations about politics, shooting, and other random stuff.

There are a lot of people here that I disagree with on all sorts of topics, but I wouldn't have a problem making a purchase or sale with them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There is nothing illegal about selling a firearm to someone if you have no reason to believe that the buyer is not a proper person.

Don't worry, though. Nancy Pelosi will be along shortly to introduce legislation to make private sales of firearms illegal, and half of INGO will send her a Thank You card for easing their minds.
    Absolutely. I do my due diligence required by law to insure to the best of my knowledge that the person I am selling to is a proper person that meets the legal requirement to purchase and possess a firearm at the time of purchase. i.e. proof of age, residency etc..

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I agree and am familiar with law. Just the first time selling to someone that age. I’ll meet, check LTCH and DL.

Will you ever be comfortable with the sale or will you forever be second guessing yourself? Even if things check out, you will really never know for sure; will you?

You only have 64 posts and they are a new site supporter......pretty much anyone can second guess either of you.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would feel bad if I didn't sell it to him and then he was attacked and killed a few weeks later because he didn't have a carry weapon.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Will you ever be comfortable with the sale or will you forever be second guessing yourself? Even if things check out, you will really never know for sure; will you?

You only have 64 posts and they are a new site supporter......pretty much anyone can second guess either of you.

Exactly. Was wondering if anyone else noticed that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is an example of why the 50 post rule has some merit. It gives a bit of an opportunity to get a certain "feel" for the type of person that you might one day deal with in a classified transaction.

Of course if they pony up for a site supporter it doesn't really give you much to go on other than the fact that they are willing to put some skin in the game.

Yep, neither buyer or seller in this case have that to fall back on.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Absolutely. I do my due diligence required by law to insure to the best of my knowledge that the person I am selling to is a proper person that meets the legal requirement to purchase and possess a firearm at the time of purchase. i.e. proof of age, residency etc..

Does the law require that you prove the age etc. Of the buyer?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Does the law require that you prove the age etc. Of the buyer?
    The law doesn’t necessarily require you to do that per say but my responsibility is to ensure that the buyer is a proper person that is legally able to purchase and own a firearm.

Meaning they are 18+ and an Indiana resident.

I’ve done a fair number of deals on Ingo and all I ask for is proof of age and residency to make sure that they meet the legal requirements.

That’s what i’m referring to as doing my own “due diligence”

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I’m not sure that 10,000 posts on INGO is a better background check than actually having a recently issued LTCH.

True.
    Just because some stranger can post over 10,000 times on an internet forum, doesn't instantly make him [STRIKE]rispicable[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]receptical[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]reaspetipal[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]resspecktabel[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]respectible[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]respektable[/STRIKE] good.
    k1jDRkm.gif

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Anyone else notice already has 19 Feedbacks already ......
    So what did the OP do his last 19 transactions ?

Gonna guess it was with people that there was no question on age.

I wouldn't have a problem selling to someone that was over 18 but under 21 and had their LTCH. Especially if they were forward about it and asked me or brought it up before we were scheduled to meet up. It shows they are being honest, not trying to hide anything. I like the fact they became a site supporter as well. I have no idea who this younger person is, but as long as everything checked out I'd deal with them, even with a lower post count. They seem to just be starting out, which is fine, we all start somewhere.

I would be more reluctant to deal with the OP. I like to deal with active members, someone that shows they are interested in others and have a vested interest in the forum. I'm not seeing that from the OP.

:twocents:

Top Bottom