• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I got a new Ruger Mark III 3 weeks ago and finally got to fire it this weekend. The bolt was a bit hard to pull back but it did work. In any case got home and took it apart to clean and could NOT get it back together. The bolt would just not go back into the barrel.

Read here for more details: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._firearm_back_to_ruger_via_which_carrier.html

So after a call to Ruger they wanted me to ship it back to them. So I ask my daughter's mom (DM) for a favor to have her go to UPS and ship the firearm back. The UPS website estimators said around $53 but she calls me and tells me it would be $83! :xmad: So I figure well how about trying a local gunsmith first. The only one I knew of (seeing his biz sign when I drive by the street) was Gutridge, Inc. Custom Gunsmithing.

Well she goes there and he spends 45 mins looking at the gun and intrigued that he can put my bolt into his Mark 3 ruger but when he tries his bolt or mine in my barrel it just stops (ie won't go all the way). My DM tells me he put some oil and used an air compressor and finally solved the issue. It appears that the barrel had some metal shavings that needed to be cleaned out.

He charged her $20 and told her to have me come in when I have a time and he would explain it to me and show me how to take apart put gun back together. (I learned how the hard way via videos).

All I can say is that is some good customer service!
    :rockwoot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've heard some people tell horror stories about Eric Gutridge but I've had several very good experiences with him and had him build me a custom Colt Officer's Model many years ago. Everything he's done for me has been excellent. Custom work is slow, he puts priority on repairs of hunting guns before hunting season, etc. Still, I like him and have nothing but good to say about the work he's done for me.

Top Bottom