• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Yes...I guess "pulls a gun on" kind of implies that he pulled and aimed at the crew.....this is more of an illustration of brandishing......

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I also missed the waving part.

Not the brightest idea, but how else can you get the media out of your face? Actually, a gun still didn't work. They just kept rolling..... Not sure WHO is the bigger idiot in this case.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I also missed the waving part.

Not the brightest idea, but how else can you get the media out of your face? Actually, a gun still didn't work. They just kept rolling..... Not sure WHO is the bigger idiot in this case.

Might I suggest, at least in this incident, you get the media out of your face by not going to the media in the first place.
    No, he wasn't waving it around like a flag. But he did 'run' back to the vehicle and draw the weapon when there was no obvious threat to himself or his property. Although he did do a fine parking job in the roadway.
    If he wanted the media gone, just let them wait. Media types are rarely patient. Story deadlines and what not. They’ll leave and go somewhere else to get their story.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Yeah, that guy was an idiot. No less so than the reporters, who probably could have gotten a lot more information if they didn't creep the camera back on the dude. He didn't get really pissed off until they had the camera showing his face again.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Might I suggest, at least in this incident, you get the media out of your face by not going to the media in the first place.
    No, he wasn't waving it around like a flag. But he did 'run' back to the vehicle and draw the weapon when there was no obvious threat to himself or his property. Although he did do a fine parking job in the roadway.
    If he wanted the media gone, just let them wait. Media types are rarely patient. Story deadlines and what not. They’ll leave and go somewhere else to get their story.
    I agree. It really is that simple and media be gone. What an ignorant jackarse.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And what would have happened if the reporter was exercising her 2nd Amendment rights. Turning around like that with the gun, she might have claimed fear for her life. Bang Bang

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Ok...so I wonder if he was licensed or had a permit. Not sure what that state requires. He may not have even been legal in having the weapon. And also I wonder what if he had his license and simply had gotten out of the vehicle with the weapon in a holster on his side?? Just some thoughts...........I totally agree this guy is an idiot and an enemy to all legally carrying citizens. I would like to know his background.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    LOL aggravated assault my ass. I love how proud that reporter is of herself. The guy is a moron but the media isnt off the hook either.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    LOL aggravated assault my ass. I love how proud that reporter is of herself. The guy is a moron but the media isnt off the hook either.

Actually it absolutely is Aggravated Assault according to Arkansas Law. In his case it is a Class D Felony.

Assault - no contact has to be made (i.e. a swing and a miss would be considered assault)

Battery - contact is made (a swing and a hit is battery. We had similar laws when I was a LEO in GA)

Defining Aggravated Assault in Arkansas

• Assault in the third degree: Encompasses acts that intentionally create apprehension of physical injury to the victim.

• Assault in second degree: Encompasses reckless acts creating substantial risk of imminent physical injury to a victim.

• Assault in first degree: Encompasses reckless acts creating substantial risk of imminent death to a victim, assaults via strangulation or attempted strangulation.

• Aggravated assault: Encompasses assaults involving extreme indifference to human life, which create substantial danger of death to a victim intentionally, intentional displays of firearm and other deadly weapons.
    Arkansas 5-13-204. Aggravated assault.

(a) A person commits aggravated assault if, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he or she purposely:

(1) Engages in conduct that creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury to another person;

(2) Displays a firearm in such a manner that creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury to another person; or

(3) Impedes or prevents the respiration of another person or the circulation of another person's blood by applying pressure on the throat or neck or by blocking the nose or mouth of the other person.

(b) Aggravated assault is a Class D felony.

(c) The provisions of this section do not apply to:

(1) A law enforcement officer acting within the scope of his or her duty; or

(2) A person acting in self-defense or the defense of a third party.
    It is obvious from the video that he grabbed his firearm in order to intimidate the news crew, which would be considered "substantial danger of...serious physical injury". By adding the "displays in such a manner that creates" clause it separates what this moron did from someone who is OCing and "displaying" their firearm in a holster on their hip or side.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Why would you fault them? The guy is the brother of one of the murder suspects. About the last thing he should have done was try to run the press off, other than just asking them to leave. (I thought an armed society is a polite society, but he didn't look very polite to me.)

And he did come close to inviting a self-defense scenario, where he could've been lawfully popped.

I don't know the statute in Arkansas, but this may well constitute aggravated assault there. In Indiana it could be Intimidation with a Deadly Weapon, which I believe is a Class C felony. If we ever get national reciprocity, it wouldn't hurt to be familiar with the criminal code, wherever we are.

Top Bottom