guys hide your ammo ~ Wimmin folk are buying their own guns!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey, I can't make this stuff up. The ladies are buying guns, all by themselves, without taking their husbands with to tell them what is best for them. Heck they even let a lady write this article, shouldn't she have been home tending to the kids and cooking :dunno:

LINK TO STORY => More Augusta-area women purchasing firearms | The Augusta Chronicle

Seems that the ladies have been watching the TV set and are realizing that they are responsible for their own safety when trouble starts.

I'm sure parts of this post should have been in purple to denote sarcasm but I'm not sure which parts.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    the guns store: the new place to pick up wimmen folks. ( dont forget the ammo either)
    ill take a shot at it:D

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    We've recently bought my wife two, now she's already got her third picked out!

I said Whoa Whoa Whoa....Wait...A...Minute.... We gotta atleast alternate here or somethin!!!:draw:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    We've recently bought my wife two, now she's already got her third picked out!

I said Whoa Whoa Whoa....Wait...A...Minute.... We gotta atleast alternate here or somethin!!!:draw:

Yeah, Bubba and I "take turns" when it comes to buying guns. However, I say it doesn't count if it's a trade, so it's my turn again. :laugh:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    That's so cute, wimmin thinking they can buy the right gun without a man along. Silly little things are liable to buy something like a 1911, and everybody knows women can't handle them!

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    Next thing you know guns will come in colors so they can coordinate with purses and shoes.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I think it's great. Heck, my current girlfriend has chewed her way through almost a case of my handloaded .38s in my L-framish Taurus 689, a half case of 9mm in a RIA 9mm 1911 I had.

What I dislike are overgrown brutes telling women that all they "need" is a lightweight .38 or a .380. I can barely shoot a .380 worth a hoot due to recoil and lightweight .38s are just not any fun for any extended range shoot. I always teach my current gal that shoot the largest she can handle effectively. Small, pocket guns are no way to teach a gal to shoot. Heck, we had a guy who wanted to teach his girlfriend to shoot, all he brought was an SP101 (something I would approve of, even for first timers) with full power Remington 125gr .357 SP (something I dont even approve of for my own usage). Us guys are all over the board and need some sense sometimes.

Oh, btw: Its not FUNNY at all to give a person, woman or not, a shotgun or horrendous magnum, who has never shot before and laugh at them when they almost hurt themselves due to recoil. Its asinine. My girlfriend was frightened of shooting due to some hilljack ex of hers who "took her shooting" and gave her a shotgun, told her to keep it away from her body and fire it.

Top Bottom