• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Pride is at the center of the moral decay of this society.
    Fear is the Primer, and Idiocy is the actions thereafter!
    Gutless.. My children learned to throw a punch way before they ever touched a gun.
    Ganging up on one guy isn't exactly BRAVE, either!:rolleyes:

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Mr Braveheart got his a$$ handed to him... Pretty funny. The whole incident has fail just pouring out of it!

Glad nobody got seriously hurt, could have been a lot worse. Tough guy got a lesson, and maybe the kids, if they were driving crazy, will think about that as well.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    This guy is lucky he is being charged and not toe tagged. I'm pretty sure that once he took the revolver from his wife, any member of the group in the truck or bystander would have been justified in using deadly force to stop his attack.

My observations were that he approached the driver, threw the first punch, had an opportunity to retreat, chose to arm himself and move toward the driver again while pointing the weapon.

If you saw that go down in your neighbor's driveway, what would you have done? At what point in the video would you have cleared your holster?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Looks like Mr. Turner never learned as a kid what happens when you poke a hornets nest with a stick. Same result, same swelled up face.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    So..Not a lawyer but...

The idiot started the fight, is obviously out numbered. At this point who is the aggressor? Does his wife have the law on her side to come out shooting in self defensive to prevent "grave bodily harm" to her husband. He is out numbered by 2 younger men.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    So..Not a lawyer but...

The idiot started the fight, is obviously out numbered. At this point who is the aggressor? Does his wife have the law on her side to come out shooting in self defensive to prevent "grave bodily harm" to her husband. He is out numbered by 2 younger men.

This might be desparity of force going against him.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    If he started the fight then he cannot use a gun to claim self-defense

I was going to ask you to backup your statements but I did the research..

(g) Notwithstanding subsections (c) through (e), a person is not justified in using force if:
    (1) the person is committing or is escaping after the commission of a crime;
    (2) the person provokes unlawful action by another person with intent to cause bodily injury to the other person; or
    (3) the person has entered into combat with another person or is the initial aggressor unless the person withdraws from the encounter and communicates to the other person the intent to do so and the other person nevertheless continues or threatens to continue unlawful action.

So, it comes down to communicating that you are withdrawing from the fight.

Source: http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar41/ch3.html

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    No one has actually posted this yet, so
    Kudos to the Butt-KickERs for their amazing restraint.
    They attacked the KickEE and punched and kneed and kicked him until he went down.
    THEN THEY STOPPED :eek:
    They were walking away when the wife gave the gun to the KickEE.
    If you watch this a few times you really get the feeling that the kids just want to go in the house and be left alone.
    :rockwoot::)

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    The fight was over when the gun was brought out. Lesson here is dumb@$$'s shouldn't try to be bad@$$'s. The two boys did nothing more than defend
    themselves on their own property. He's lucky he didn't get himself shot walking up to an unknown person in their vehicle and throwing punches

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Umm I allways went with the theory if you get whooped like that by two little boys in backwards hats and stripey pants you should hang your head in shame and slink away. On count two my lord what a tiny gun for such a macho man. I hope it was his wife's purse gun and his desert eagle was just in the shop that day :)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This might be desparity of force going against him.

There would have been a big difference if he would have went up to say "C'mon guys, I've got my child with me. Please pay a little better attention." and he took a beating. The way it happened, he invited the bloody lip and black eye. Ol boy went looking for a fight, got what he wanted, lost, and had a bruised ego.

Top Bottom