• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dilligaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Just south of Heaven
    I need some info on the P30 V2. How is the trigger on it ? I might be getting this on a trade. The V2 I believe is DOA ( Can't find much info on it) & my only comparison is a Kahr K9 Elite. Also can you get parts to have a safety and lighter trigger ? I don't know much about these pistols so any info would help. THANKS

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    From what I've heard the V2 is a pretty sweet trigger. The pull weight comes in just about 7lbs. You can swap to a to a V1 trigger style which I believe will lighten it up to about 4.5lbs. I believe the K9 elite has also has about a 7lb trigger pull...Can't back this up but everything I've ever heard is that Kahr triggers are sweet. I will admit the PM9 trigger is outstanding, and it's decently heavy. As far as a safety goes, I'm not sure you can put one on (not saying you cant, I just dont have the answer) BUT with the 7lb trigger, a safety wouldnt really be REQUIRED at all....just a matter of preference. With the LEM trigger, you can't really carry like a 1911 anyways.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    If the v2 is the lem trigger, they are pretty good. A little long on the da but sa after similar to a traditional da/sa. The P30 is one of the best shooting auto pistols out there as far as I'm concerned. I don't think you will need to lighten the trigger but you can get a lighter spring if you decide to. A little long in reset for some though

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    V2 for the P30 is the LEM trigger. I have a V2 P2000 and love it... there are other posts on here about the LEM trigger. LEM is hard to explain in a short manner... Some love it, others don't. (its a training issue). But in all honesty HKpro.com is an amazing source of information about HK firearms and would be where I would direct you first. (thats what i did when trying to learn about the LEM trigger a few years ago). While you should find some answers here, HKpro is one of the authorities in that area.

Here is just one post that i found on the site after a quick search...

"Hello all, hi from a first time poster.

I have a question for anybody familiar with the p30. I recently purchased a p30 at a gun show. This is my first HK and evidently I didn't do enough research because I wasn't aware of the fact it comes in multiple variants (sigh).

I got a variant 2, which appears to have a LEM trigger, different trigger pull, and no de-cocker. I am going to carry it concealed, my questions are:

1) What are the disadvantages/advantages of variant 2 for CC?
    2) If anybody has shot both (variant 2 and standard variant (3?)), which do you prefer and why?

I have not fired the pistol, I am considering attempting to return it (probably will involve a restocking/paperwork fee at least) or selling it. I am hoping somebody here has some advice!

Thanks for the help guys (and gals)!

I was in the same boat recently regarding choosing V2(LEM) or V3(DA/SA) so I ended up buying both. As for your questions:

1) V2 is great for CC because the LEM trigger is consistent and as other members explain its the perfect KISS system for stressful situations (i.e. no decoker, same pull every time, second strike capability, etc..). It does take practice but once you get the reset down in your muscle memory, you will have no problem with rapid follow up shots. Also, another benefit of the V2 for CC is the bobbed hammer that is less likely to get caught on clothing when drawing your weapon.

2) I am in the process of getting to know the LEM so I can't say which one I prefer over the other but I like both enough to keep both for the time being. What I can say though is that the LEM does have a nice and smooth pull. Some will argue that they don't like the longer take up so it's really a personal subjective opinion. I personally like the smoothness and consistency of the LEM and I find the reset to be a great feature. Once again, you will need to practice dry firing with snap caps and spending quality time at the range to familiarize yourself with the trigger. As for the DA/SA, I sent mine to Bill Springfield and he smoothened out the pull and lightened it up a little. The DA on the V3 will not have that definite breaking point like on your V2 but it will have it in SA. I must admit that I like the SA because the take up is shorter than the LEM but once again, if you practice to master the LEM you can eliminate that problem. For now, I'm keeping both guns and practicing a ton with the LEM. I do eventually want to dedicate myself to one version or the other because regardless of what you choose it comes down to how much time you spend training. I do admit that straight out of the box, DA/SA is more commonly accurate and is preferred for punching out bulls on paper targets but the LEM is great for carry and many swear that it is THE combat/fighting setup.

I would recommend spending some time with your LEM at least dry firing a ton before you sell it. Remember that after you rack the slide and pull the trigger, keep the trigger down and rack the slide again. Then slowly release the trigger until you find that reset point and then pull again. After you pull the trigger, if you down rack the slide again you will notice a very hard DA pull since the hammer wasn't pre-loaded. You will rarely have to use that pull in a defense situation (only if your round fails to fire). Let us know what you end up doing."

Top Bottom