• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kelzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    I recently installed an extended magazine release on my USP. I pusrched it from HKparts.net. The information on the release said it was for my USP. I took it to the range and the magazine dropped out about 6 to 8 times with a 10 round mag. I do mean to the ground a few times. :xmad:

I took it home and compared it to the original release. The extended release spring retainer is .020" deeper than the original. Putting less tension on the release. HKparts.net said they have never had any trouble with them. I called Heckler & Koch the guy on the phone said they do not make an extended release for the USP.

They did offer to refund my money.

Has anyone heard of this issue?

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    What you bought is the mag release for the HK45c. It does work well with all USP's with metal mags (USP 45, USPc 9,40&45). It does not work well with the fullsize 9 & 40, although some report it does work ok with them.

Since you have metal mags it should work flawlessly. I would try taking it out and re-installing it just incase the spring was not in there just right.

Last edited:

Kelzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Thank you 01deuce

I will reinstall it and go to the range tomorrow. I could modify it so it will work. I will try it with out first.

Top Bottom