H&R Handi Rifle .44mag problem...any suggestions??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    i recently bought an H&R Handi Rifle (.44mag) i bought it on the 26th, so ive had it about a week....i havnt dry fired it and ive probably put 10 rounds down the barrel just to zero the scope and that was 2 days ago. well i was showing a buddy the rifle today and pulled the hammer back. and it was perfect. well i went to pull the hammer back again..and now the hammer wont stay back. ive checked everything i can think of and i cant figure it out. im going to call H&R tomorrow, just figured id post and see if theres anything anyone else would suggest trying before i call them and im sure have to send it off for repairs(if somethings broken). anyone else heard of/had this problem? or know anything i can do before calling them 2morrow morning?:dunno:

thanks! :rockwoot:

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Never heard a problem with the Handi's doing that. I would look at the sear notch on the hammer and see if something has gotten in there. I would like to hear what ends up happening!

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    ive looked at all i can without taking it apart..i dont wana take it apart and void a warranty or even worse..with my luck id break somethin else lol. and ive been searchin online everywhere and cant find anyone else saying anything else about a Handi doing that either..figures itd happen to me lol :P o well as long as it gets fixed its all good, **** happens. ill let ya know what they say 2morrow morning when i call them !! thx for replying

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    I'm wondering if your hammer fractured around the sear notch. no way to tell without tapping out some serious pins.

H&R will make it right.

hmm i dunno, yeah i was reading about that thats alota stuff. lol thanks for the response, and im sure theyl fix it. hopefully :):ar15::ar15:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Don't let it get you down, those H&R single shots are great rifles. The company will make it right, yea it's a hassle but they'll fix it. Good thing it's not right before deer season!!!!

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Don't let it get you down, those H&R single shots are great rifles. The company will make it right, yea it's a hassle but they'll fix it. Good thing it's not right before deer season!!!!

yeah if it was right before deer season i just might cry, thats exactly what i bought it for and CANT WAIT to use it this season. i woulda cried if i couldnt of :) lol i love it so far even tho i havnt got to shoot it a whole lot, i was planning on going here in the next few days once this ice/snow calms down, but it shouldnt take more than 2-3 weeks for them to fix it and get it back to me im hopeing! thanks for the responses guys.

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Most likely SOME ONE has been dry firing it.

Just send it back. They'll fix it.

i havnt dry fired it a single time, and its in a case under my bed with a lock on it. it could have been dry fired in the store when people looked at it, but who knows. they should take care of it ill just have 2 get over it. lol

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    called H&R this mornin, they got all my information there sending me a pre-paid label so i can ship it back to them. it should be here in 7-10 days. :D but he couldnt tell me how long itd take to get back here

Top Bottom